NAXJA Forums -::- North American XJ Association  

Go Back   NAXJA Forums -::- North American XJ Association > NAXJA Chapters > North Atlantic Chapter
HOME Member FAQ Sponsor Info Rules Bylaws E-Mail

North Atlantic Chapter Discussion of Chapter issues. Please keep Tech Topics on the Tech Forums.

Old February 25th, 2019, 17:00
NAXJA Forum User

Re: What's everyone working on right now?

right meow I just finished building my LQ4 for my xj. most people like stock 6.0Ls for their xjs i kind of went a little overboard. Building a hybrid xj 44 to somehow handle it using the much bigger jk gears in an xj housing.
Old February 26th, 2019, 16:01
NAC VP

Quote:
Originally Posted by xCWolf View Post
That's my assumption, the weird part is the passenger rear works from the drivers switch but not the switch on the door even after I fixed circuit board for the lock switch
The 97-01's are funny like that. It appears pretty much everything flows through that drivers door switch. Can't say that Chrysler's electrical design team didn't have a sense of humor!
Old February 26th, 2019, 17:16
NAXJA Member

Location: Central MA - keep going till the road turns to dirt, then listen for banjos

That's for a reason, the drivers door has controls for the others so it needs the wiring to go through it too, unless you have one in the new cars with canbus or lin bus that runs stuff like that.

I bet your problem is in the yellow wire to the rear right passenger door. It's the one that supplies power to the rear right passenger door switch when the master switch on the driver's door isn't being activated. The motors all always ground through the master switch, and when activated from the master switch they also are powered through it, but when activated from the switch mounted to the door they get power through the yellow wire from the master switch.

If it also affects the driver rear and you haven't noticed yet I'd guess it's the yellow wire in the driver door flex boot. If it only affects the rear passenger it's the yellow wire in the flex boot to the rear passenger door, most likely.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2019-02-26 20.10.02.jpg (22.6 KB, 13 views)
CTeunuch: Sometimes I really wonder if this sport makes you insane, or it just attracts the mentally unstable.
Old February 27th, 2019, 16:52
NAC VP

Ken that is exactly the bizarrely specific and probably correct response I have come to expect from that Oak Island depth level of knowledge you have .
Hugs and kisses,
Rich
Old February 28th, 2019, 11:11
NAXJA Member

Location: Central MA - keep going till the road turns to dirt, then listen for banjos

I didn't have all that memorized. I did read his post and think to myself "hmmm, that sounds like the power wire to the door switches is at fault... I think it might be yellow?" and had to confirm the rest by pulling up the schematics
CTeunuch: Sometimes I really wonder if this sport makes you insane, or it just attracts the mentally unstable.
Old February 28th, 2019, 13:46
NAC VP

I think you did have it memorized and are just being modest, you manly man.
Old March 2nd, 2019, 20:34
NAC VP

Currently gathering/ buying parts to do a disc brake swap on my 44. Also still havent replaced the broken window. Waiting on the next warm weekend to do that.
Old March 3rd, 2019, 05:14
NAXJA Forum User

D60 is finally under the jeep, need to get to work on 10.5 and order tires..
Old March 5th, 2019, 14:47
Bring the Boom

Fixed passenger window finally, bad wires in drivers door boot. Ran wires for the driver rear window too, but no go. May have to run them from the master switch all the way into the drivers rear door, but not a big priority. In bigger news I got the new front bumper on the new Jeep. no more sketchy tow points!
Old March 5th, 2019, 15:05
Huh, what?

Quote:
Fixed passenger window finally, bad wires in drivers door boot. Ran wires for the driver rear window too, but no go. May have to run them from the master switch all the way into the drivers rear door, but not a big priority. In bigger news I got the new front bumper on the new Jeep. no more sketchy tow points!
You ever fix the x member?
Old March 5th, 2019, 17:40
NAXJA Member

Not XJ related, but will be working on a 03 liberty for my kids. Have to pull a trans from a wrecked one and install in a good one.
Old March 5th, 2019, 17:56
Bring the Boom

The Jeep you're referring too is the one on the left in that picture, and I have not fixed it. I will be taking the motor mounts out I got from you and putting them in this one along with the trans mount which I still haven't installed.
Old March 5th, 2019, 18:20
NAXJA Forum User

Quote:
What make is the bumper? Looks good
Old March 5th, 2019, 18:35
Bring the Boom

Accidentally double posted. Phone sucks ignore this sorry lol
Old March 5th, 2019, 18:37
Bring the Boom

Eag got it on Amazon, reviews were really good hardware is really nice seems really sturdy.

Just trying to decide between the smittybilt tire carrier rear bumper or a tow hitch for a recovery point. I just really don't want to blow 800 bucks

Last edited by xCWolf; March 6th, 2019 at 08:15.