• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What's everyone working on right now?

right meow I just finished building my LQ4 for my xj. most people like stock 6.0Ls for their xjs i kind of went a little overboard. Building a hybrid xj 44 to somehow handle it using the much bigger jk gears in an xj housing.

That's my assumption, the weird part is the passenger rear works from the drivers switch but not the switch on the door even after I fixed circuit board for the lock switch

The 97-01's are funny like that. It appears pretty much everything flows through that drivers door switch. Can't say that Chrysler's electrical design team didn't have a sense of humor!

That's for a reason, the drivers door has controls for the others so it needs the wiring to go through it too, unless you have one in the new cars with canbus or lin bus that runs stuff like that.

I bet your problem is in the yellow wire to the rear right passenger door. It's the one that supplies power to the rear right passenger door switch when the master switch on the driver's door isn't being activated. The motors all always ground through the master switch, and when activated from the master switch they also are powered through it, but when activated from the switch mounted to the door they get power through the yellow wire from the master switch.

If it also affects the driver rear and you haven't noticed yet I'd guess it's the yellow wire in the driver door flex boot. If it only affects the rear passenger it's the yellow wire in the flex boot to the rear passenger door, most likely.

2019-02-26 20.10.02.jpg

Ken that is exactly the bizarrely specific and probably correct response I have come to expect from that Oak Island depth level of knowledge you have .
Hugs and kisses,
Rich

I didn't have all that memorized. I did read his post and think to myself "hmmm, that sounds like the power wire to the door switches is at fault... I think it might be yellow?" and had to confirm the rest by pulling up the schematics :spin1:

Currently gathering/ buying parts to do a disc brake swap on my 44. Also still havent replaced the broken window. Waiting on the next warm weekend to do that.

D60 is finally under the jeep, need to get to work on 10.5 and order tires..

Fixed passenger window finally, bad wires in drivers door boot. Ran wires for the driver rear window too, but no go. May have to run them from the master switch all the way into the drivers rear door, but not a big priority. In bigger news I got the new front bumper on the new Jeep. no more sketchy tow points!
2hwz4pc.jpg

Fixed passenger window finally, bad wires in drivers door boot. Ran wires for the driver rear window too, but no go. May have to run them from the master switch all the way into the drivers rear door, but not a big priority. In bigger news I got the new front bumper on the new Jeep. no more sketchy tow points!
2hwz4pc.jpg

You ever fix the x member?

The Jeep you're referring too is the one on the left in that picture, and I have not fixed it. I will be taking the motor mounts out I got from you and putting them in this one along with the trans mount which I still haven't installed.

2hwz4pc.jpg

What make is the bumper? Looks good

Eag got it on Amazon, reviews were really good hardware is really nice seems really sturdy.

Just trying to decide between the smittybilt tire carrier rear bumper or a tow hitch for a recovery point. I just really don't want to blow 800 bucks

Last edited:
Back