• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Beginner Trails in Tahoe

510wheeling

NAXJA Forum User
Hey all,

I just bought a 92 stock XJ. My goal is to go 4.5" lift with 33s, but right now it's still stock. I spend a lot of time in Tahoe and want to find some beginner trails that I can take my Jeep out before I go full send mode. I don't have much off-roading experience so I just want to get a feel for my rig. Do you all of any recs for beginner trails in Tahoe? My place is on the West Shore so preferably west/north shore.

TIA!

The Rubicon from Tahoma out to Observation Point is pretty easy. Should be well traveled so if you do get in a bind help is usually nearby.

the rubicon from Tahoma to Observation point is pretty easy (real wheeling of the rubicon is from Loon to Observation, observation to staging is a easy dirt road) , Genoa Peak is much easier and stocker friendly so try that first before rubicon since Genoa is stocker friendly and you'll get your feet wet that way and if you struggle on Genoa peak which is a dirt road maybe dont try staging to observation on Rubicon , also look up twin peaks OHV area. Strawberry trail is near Kyburz look into that.

There is a small OHV (mostly for Jeeps etc) in south shore, has cool obstacles with bypasses. Took my XJ there stock and how it is now. Pretty fun.

38°53'19.6"N 120°01'30.6"W

Also there is signal peak on the way to Tahoe.

What are people's thoughts on Strawberry Pass for a beginner on 31s?

I ran strawberry last year before sierra fest, there are only a couple of small spots that are challenging. There was a wrangler on 31s open open in front of me that made it through without problems.

I would say you would be good, the view from the top is pretty awesome and makes the trail well worth it.

Back