• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

If you had $5K to spend.....

Creech

NAXJA Forum User
.....what would you do to a stock 93 XJ?

I'm thinking 7.5" TnT lift, SYE (duh), 4.88's or 5.13's, Detroit rear and ARB front. Throw some other ideas at me. I've already got a winch (9.5xp), and I'll get the local fab shop to make my bumpers, so that's covered.

spinning%20rims.gif

first i'd buy a daily driver then invest in a 9" hp44 combo with 5.13's and detroit front and spooled rear 6.5 inches of lift and 36 inch tires rollcage and enough spare parts to rebuild everything in the woods, o yeah and a winch.

but all that probably exceeds 5k...........

Creech said:
.....what would you do to a stock 93 XJ?

I'm thinking 7.5" TnT lift, SYE (duh), 4.88's or 5.13's, Detroit rear and ARB front. Throw some other ideas at me. I've already got a winch (9.5xp), and I'll get the local fab shop to make my bumpers, so that's covered.

you'd have to run 4.88's unless you get a d44 front
d44 rear is a must at least
chromo shafts for the d30 if your going to run that
some 35" mtrs

MogifiedXJ said:

Those are PHAT, but Imma get the ones that you can create your own message on.

I have a 9" and a HP44 I can rip outta my farm truck F150, but I believe the c-wedges are welded on. There's another set I can get from a friend for cheap, but I think it's the same deal on the c-wedges. Still be smarter than dumping money into the 35. :idea:

if its going to be just a trail rig . why not cut it up. put that axle combo in it.. make 35s fit. that 5 grand isnt going to go very far. after them axles are built... i honsetly wouldnt go more then 5inches of lift.. thats me. ( i have 3inches and 33s and it works) weld the carriers and have at it. Id put a 3inch lift on + spacers run 35s lock it regear put a tcase drop in .. shim the rear.. . do that as cheap as possible and any left over $ give to me for stearing you in the right direction... haha im all about the keep it small learn what your doing then change stuff around. . good luck.. and you dont need that much lift

keith h

Creech said:
I have a 9" and a HP44 I can rip outta my farm truck F150, but I believe the c-wedges are welded on. There's another set I can get from a friend for cheap, but I think it's the same deal on the c-wedges. Still be smarter than dumping money into the 35. :idea:
Thats too bad, you just send that 44 for to me and i'll take care of it for you.

This thing will definitely be trail only. I tried the streetable thing with my WJ over the last 4 years, and didn't like it. The more I did, the worse it got on the street, so I'm not even gonna try it with the XJ. This isn't my first dance, but is my first XJ.

I think I can buy most of what I need for 5K. Lift, gears, free axles, tires, I do my own labor, have wheels already. The 44 and 9" should hold for a while under an XJ with stock shafts, at least until I get a feel for the rig and start getting more adventurous.

I'm thinking minimal lift is probably the way to go like someone mentioned above. I hacked the fenders on my WJ, the XJ will see more chopping.

i would def get front and rear axle swaps and gears, if enough money lockers

I would sand blast and POR15 the entire undercarraige of my 98, then have it coated with something to make it extremely rust resistant

Have a new moon roof installed (the jackass who owned it before me did a shotty job, and it leaks like a sieve.

Small ~3" lift (RE maybe?), 31" BFG ATs.

Install my 4.56 gears

Electric lockers front and rear

JCR bumpers

Fix cracked exhaust manifold, with a header

rear disc brakes w/ zj or adjustable prop valve.

That probably kills my $5K

Back