• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

fitting a double din hu in an 01 xj

roxj

NAXJA Forum User
mods , if this is in the wrong section im sorry and please move it to the appropriate one

i am wanting to put a double din head unit like the alpine iva w 200 in the dash of my 01 xj. has anyone attempted this? if you have how did it work out and what all was involved in the instal? any pics, comments, or suggestions, would be appreciated.

tia

It's alot of work, your stock unit is 1din and a half. so there would be considerable bezel modifications, you would also have to make some brackets to hold the unit in place behind the bezel.It can be done i have done it to a 2k same dash.

Sean

first off thanks for the reply. i understand it will take some work , im just looking for ideas and or tips on how to make it easier. do you have any pics or specs of the one you did?

try mp3car.com several people on there have done it

i just put my din and a half Pioneer in my 99, and IIRC there is some empty real estate above the radio, that with some precise cutting of the bezel it should fit. only concern i have is the dash bezel (at least on the ones i have seen) are rattle factories that you will have to secure that thing pretty good.

krazors001 that is exactly what i am looking to do. is that your xj? ive been searching on the mp3 forum and havent been able to find any of the xj's with the double din. maybe im just useing the wrong terminology or need to look outside the fabrication forum.

i dont really like the way the single dins look with the install kits. i think it looks kinda chitty. although, that is what i have now( alpine 9857 ).

i have a nice IMO that isn't like the usual ones i see. It has the small slot on the bottom of it instead of the ones most have that just make it centered with the plastic around it
Mine
2065986_11_full.jpg

Versus
791202_14_full.jpg

Last edited:
Back