• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What lift?

smokeyyank

NAXJA Forum User
Getting ready to start building up the WJ. Stuck in regards to the lift. This will be mainly a DD and family camping rig so not looking to get crazy. Originally was going to run OME coils and keep stock control arms and a few other things but I'm worried that the OME coils wont net me enough lift to get 32ish rubber on there. Also not a fan of adding a BB to it. So then looked at IRO and they have a decent 4" set up with fully adjustable arms. After reading around most say the 4" SA just isn't worth it and would be better to run a LA. Really think I'm just trying to find the best 3" for ride quality. Any thoughts?

Last edited:
There isn't a drop bracket lift for a WJ with short arms so its a little tricky going 3-4"...you'll still want an adjustable tracbar. When I was thinking of doing 3" on my WJ I was talking with Andy Carter from Ironman because his long arm system will work with no lift. Its pricey, but I was planning on running all Ironman links and steering. I had a set of Rusty's coils I was going to use. I think they were 3.5"

I went with IRO 3". After talking with some more people once you get over 3.5" it becomes an issue for a lot of things that I didn't want to deal with. Hopefully in the next few weeks I can actually get the damn build thread going. Engine is being rebuilt and getting a 242HD in there as well. I got all the parts hanging out right now so once I get it back will start tearing it apart to get ready.

Back