• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

June 2012 ROTM Submissions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darky

NAXJA Forum User
This month is the month of the beat up trail rig. Finally your dents and rolls come in handy! No pretty rigs this month.
Updated rules..

Must be an XJ/MJ based vehicle.
Submissions must be placed in the official ROTM submission thread. Thread will normally open 2 weeks prior to the start of the month.
Red letter names only.
First 5 submissions will be voted on.
Must include a total of 2 pictures. Pics must be hosted by the submitter, and sized properly for forum viewing.
NOTE: High resolution versions of the winning rig's pictures submitted must be provided. A link to the ORIGINAL picture file must be included in the submission post for the submission to be valid, there is no exception to this rule. The original picture file MUST be provided, no re-sized or altered pictures will be allowed.
Pictures must be recently taken, maximum of 1 year old allowed.
No copyrighted photos will be allowed. Photo credits and compensation for their use will NOT be provided.
Winning rig must provide permission to use the pictures as :NAXJA: sees fit. If you are not the owner/photographer of the picture, their permission must be given in writing (via PM ok). FAILURE TO TO DO SO WILL RESULT IN FORFEITURE OF ROTM TITLE!
Winning rigs will be ineligible for the remainder of the calendar year.
Winner will be featured on the front page of :NAXJA:.

Last edited:
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1338563910.201172.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1338564001.345429.jpg

97 4.0 aw4 231 with sye and wide chain

Front axle:
79 f250 Dana 44
Crane inner and outer C's converted to 5x5.5"
Trussed
Chromo shafts with Yukon super joints, 5.13, Detroit, high steer and hydro assist

Rear axle
Ford 9" disc braked
Nitro shafts, spool, 5.14, trussed, hd Offroad engineering slip and wrist traction bar, blue torch diff cover, pinion guard and skid.

Suspension:
TNT LA and track bar
HD Offroad shackle relocaters

36"x13.50"x15" iroks on bead locks

Others:
TNT belly pan, TNT stiffeners, 99+ intake man. 8.5mm spark plug wires, msd coil, air intake inside fire wall with k&n filter, header, flow master, brown dog motor mounts, power steering cooler, cage, empire Offroad stickers, 00 G battery cables and winch cables, tmax 10,000 on what's left of a orfab bumper, and AJs super rock rails.

My jeep is beat up but wheels like a champ.

Jason's rig is the ugliest thing I have ever seen! :D

here's my garbage.

91(kind of) 4.0, AW4, 231

front axle
LP44 out of 72 bronco
nitro gear chromoly shafts with excalibur 300m joints. chry'd R&P w/4.56 gears and ARB.

Rear axle
metric ton out of MJ
chryo'd R&P 4.56 gears and ARB

suspension
front deaver coils w/fox emulsion 2.0 w/res. custom long arm 3 link.
rear, rock krawler leafs bilstien 5150's through floor and mounted on cage

everything else.
custom trac-bar and crossover hi-steer
35" maxxis creepy's worn down to 33's
custom beadlocks on 15" Dring steels
RAdesigns rockshifter setback with rail shifter
front end narrowed 16"
custom new high clearance fenderwells made from 1/8" to go with the narrow/chop
custom frame from motormounts forward.
custom breaks in the body and frame :D
keyless ignition and switch panel for everything else sitting next to the rockshifter.
raised fuel tank
custom cooler/tote rack
corbeau race seats w/ 5pt harnesses
xrc8 winch w/rope
cobra19 CB(soon to be replaced with a race radio)
MTX 8" marine tower speakers mounted to cage
crappy deck to hook my crappy MP3 player up to so the MTX's aren'y just for looks.

stuff lying around cause been to lazy to install(just wanted to wheel)
231/300 doubler
2in 2 out cutting brakes
triple stick cable shifters for doubler
2x6x3/16 so i can cut the rear most stock "frame" out and make it better
all the stuff to put the hydro assist back on

note: When i say custom, it means i built/designed it myself.

i'm sure there's more but that's all i can think of at the moment

before the frame fix and narrow.
down.jpg

it makes a good yard dog too :D
IMAG0571.jpg

this made me realize i don't have many good pics of my junk on my LT, and the ones i have the body looks good in.

Last edited:
Submitting tobiwon for him...he's computer stupid.

IMG_0080-1.jpg

IMG_20110324_165503-1.jpg

1998 Cherocar Sport
4 door Power nothing
Autobox

D30 Front 4.56's locked
8.25 Rear lockered
33" KM2's

Lifted roughly about some...front is about 2" higher now

Hood vents

Some other crap...pictures don't show his awesome unibody brace. Hopefully he will reply with more insight then a mod can merge the two posts.

not even gonna bother :shocked:

I don't have a single straight, non rusted body panel but I still have all my glass.

And I doubt I'd win on the third-party (err, MJ) vote, either :roll:

I just paint over my rust. I don't have a straight panel on mine either. My roof is crunched and I haven't even put it on its lid yet. It's been on its side a few times and I have used trees to pivot on. Thank god for cages or it would have folded like a taco a long time ago. Hell my doors had to come off because they wouldn't close anymore and my front valance is zip tied back together. It's beautiful.

not even gonna bother :shocked:

I don't have a single straight, non rusted body panel but I still have all my glass.

And I doubt I'd win on the third-party (err, MJ) vote, either :roll:
You never know...You'd be the only MJ so far...;)

Well, I figure I got a chance at this one since the MWC voted me ugliest @ WF this year, and we got some ugly rigs.

Nate2.jpg

Nate.jpg

what it is:
1987 Comanche Pioneer Longbed (used to be rather)
4.0/AX-15 Renix (recently set itself on fire, I love AMC wiring)

D30/8.8 geared 4.56 with locker and spool/super 8.8 kit.

RCI 18 gallon fuel cel

Homebuilt bed, bobbed frame
XJ rear leaves to shorten my wheelbase (Longbed wheelbase is wheeling a land yacht, how do yo utihnk it got to look so ugly?)
No lights, no windshield wipers, no mirros, a broken passenger side door handle and enough rust to give you tetanus just from leaning against it (seriously, I cautioned someone about touching it with bare hands on the trail this year). About the only thing working other than the Renix stuff is the heater, because my wife likes heat.

I got a sweet sunroof though, The roof is the only sheetmetal that's straight.

I wheel it with no regard, because if it's in the way I just cut it off. and I hate body work.

on the plus side it's 25 years old this year, so I can officially title it as a "Historical Vehicle" in Ohio.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back