• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Handheld radio question.

Didn't hear about that. We didn't even try to contact anyone in any other group though. Didn't have their channel or the know how to change it.

When I was at the back of the group on Saturday, I couldn't hear the people in the front of the group. I have an expensive cb and antenna tuned with a meter.

I didn't have any issues talking to anyone on Friday and we were strung out 12 jeeps long. It's clear and for the most part it's not cluttered with people with 1000 watt stations being annoying on cb channels.

It's clear and for the most part it's not cluttered with people with 1000 watt stations being annoying on cb channels.

That is the only argument I can see for going this route. I had people on the channel all week. However a quick twist of a knob and they are gone.

Because for less than $50 you can have something portable that works far better than 90% of the CB's out there.

This. My CB is the most unreliable thing in my jeep.... Including the jeep.

Back