• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

FS: 1992 Cherokee - ready to run, great DD. 2800$

jeeptorino68

NAXJA Forum User
here goes...
For Sale:
1992 Jeep Cherokee, 4.0 6cyl, 4spd automatic (AW4), 4wd (NP 242). 276,000 miles, PW, PL, cruise, AC.
I have owned this jeep for10 years and almost 100,000 miles, it has been nothing but reliable taking me anywhere. On the highway, around town, and on the trails. Towing, hauling, and carrying whatever I need. I have done all of my own maintenance and modifications, I have an inch thick stack of paperwork and receipts, as well as electronic maintenance records, I know this Jeep inside out upside down and backwards, it has never left me stranded or let me down, it may be 26 years old, but it is as reliable as anything out there. Why am I selling? My family is growing, and it makes more sense to have a newer safer vehicle that is easier to load kids and gear in and out of.
Pictures here: https://photos.app.goo.gl/gYtdAz8EZTLxycEp1
You will see everything there from stock to current day. Yes it is used off road, but not abused, always cleaned and ready to go for DD duties on Monday.
Interior:
All the seats have been upgraded to 1996 Grand Cherokee grey cloth, front and back. The back is now a 60/40 fold down. I added a Grand Cherokee shift handle and center console lid. The headliner has been recovered as well as the visors and factory full overhead console. The overhead console holds a 40 channel CB radio. The carpet is in decent shape, I have always run rubber floor mats, front rear, and cargo area. The cargo area holds a full size spare. A Kenwood stereo has been installed with kenwood 6x9s in the hatch, and 6.5 inch speakers in the doors. Power windows, power locks, cruise control, tinted windows (professionally done – not purple!) tilt wheel and full gauge cluster round out the interior
Exterior:
Homemade front bumper with D ring mounts, lower part of the front fenders have been trimmed nicely to match. Factory tow hook brackets with larger GM truck style hooks. Tomken rear bumper with factory trailer hitch and wiring at the back. Underneath I have installed a Jeep/Mopar front skid plate, Jeep/mopar front diff guard, Warn transfercase skid plate, and a rear diff cover guard. Faded grey paint, the clear coat is peeling off (almost all gone on the hood and roof) but no rust through any of the body panels, no major dents. Just trail scratches. Later model roof rails and Thule cross bars and risers, works great for a roof basket.
Suspension:
ZJ V8 coil springs and 1.5 inch spacers make up the front lift, as well as rough country shocks, and WJ grand Cherokee lower front control arms. The rear leaf springs have a cut down main leaf from another XJ Cherokee pack added in and a longer shackle that is adjustable, rough country shocks in the back too, as well as longer bump stops, and I removed the rear sway bar. Upgraded to grand Cherokee V8 steering links. All sorts of bushings have been replaced over the years, like the sway bars, control arms, steering joints etc.
Drivetrain:
Factory 4.0 6cylinger engine, runs great, never let me down. I have replaced all sorts of parts over the years, waterpumps, gaskets, alternator, etc. but just the normal wear and tear things. Upgraded to a 3 row all metal CSF radiator, late model Cherokee electric fan, 99+ intake manifold, brown dog motor mounts, AGM battery, AC still works! Dynomax catback exhaust and magnaflow high flow catalytic converter. The AW4 has always been reliable, changed the filter and fluid a couple times, and that is about it. Added a switch to control the TCU and torque converter lock up. The transfer case is the NP242, again, all stock, just changed the fluid a couple times. Dana 35 rear axle and Dana 30 front, front has the ABS axle shafts which have larger u-joints. The jeep is sporting 5 31x10.5x15 Falken Rocky Mountain AT tires. I have custom siped and grooved these for better traction. They do pretty darn good. They are mounted on dark grey TJ grizzly wheels, the spare too. I have been doing a 5 tire rotation. These will last quite a while.

There is probably so much that I am forgetting. If you are looking for a super reliable Cherokee that is great for camping, trails, daily driving, etc. this is it. If you take care of it, it will take care of you.

$2800 OBO.
you will NOT find one that has been better maintained or taken care of than this one.
in Lebanon OR, but will meet with serious buyers.

Back