• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

NWC Buyer/Seller Feedback

Feel free to post up your experiences in dealing with buyers, sellers, or vendors within the NWC, good or bad. This thread is meant to be a helpful guide to those looking to sell or purchase an item.

Please keep the chit chat out of this thread, and use it only to post your feedback. Do not abuse it, or it will go away.

Example Post:
JohnSmith: :thumbup:

I purchased a set of wheels and tires from JohnSmith on the forum. They were exactly as advertised, and he was willing to negotiate on the price. He even agreed to hold them for me until I could schedule a time to come look at them. I definitely wouldn't hesitate to buy another item from him in the future.

I'll start

Justdifferentials.com out of Cashmere, WA

I have ordered everything from a R&P set, and install kit, To a Mini spool for my old D44.. these guys have GREAT service, fast shipping.. and always treat me right. Look forward to my next purchase with them!

Not sure if this is what you want Torx, or if you want just seller feedback from personal/private buyers and sellers. If so feel free to delete this whole post.

JCR Review;

The wife purchased a gas tank skid for me. It had some bad welds on it so I sent them pictures and asked what they could do. They really wanted the tank skid back because they said that it must have slipped through the cracks. They offered to pay shipping both ways and arrange pickup at my house. I ended up talking to them and getting a discount on another part instead. I figured it would be worth it to them and me to save a couple bucks on both ends. All in all I am very happy with the way they handled the concerns for craftsmanship and wanting to make the customer happy! JCR is a great company in my opinion!

John over at Auburn car repair and Offroad. I've bought a bunch of crap from him including stock parts, aftermarket stuff as well as had him do some work on my jeep. He's always easy to work with and prices are always fair.

Your welcome man. :D

John over at Auburn car repair and Offroad. I've bought a bunch of crap from him including stock parts, aftermarket stuff as well as had him do some work on my jeep. He's always easy to work with and prices are always fair.

Your welcome man. :D

I second that I have bought both used and new parts from him in the last few weeks and he is great to deal with!

GOOD REVIEWS:
GlueNtape (dave): Bought an axle off him a over a year ago.. was very happy with the purchase, dave was super nice and even helped me load it up into my vehicle.. accurate discription at a reasonable price!

Redjeep3 (nick): Anytime i buy from nick i know it will be a worry free situation, nick will go out of his way to make sure your happy with your purchase.. always super super fare prices.. (often less then I would even consider charging)

Rough country (jason) I have spent about $1000 is random small purchases over the last couple years.. Every single time i call, I get a great discount and the items arrive Super fast. Normally within 3 days. I have never needed anything warrantied but anytime i have inquired they seem to have very trustworthy customer service. Will be doing business with them again!

NEGATIVE:
Kolak Performance & Offroad.. (seller on Jeepforum) this guy does 90% of his work off of forums, he is very known in the Grand cherokee market, I sent him $505 last months (exactly 4 weeks ago) and had never so much as received a tracking number, 3 weeks later, about $200 worth of items showed up.. it has now been a month and i still do not have my Shocks. He makes ZERO effort to maintain communication, I PM'ed him 3 times with no reply, Only to be told i have to call him now, PM's are only for price quotes.. So i called, he told me to be patient, my shocks have been ordered and drop shipped.. Just how long am i supposed to wait? I am only saving $30 with him on these shocks.. Very irritated! will not be spending another dime with this guy!

positive:
ruffstuff specialties and Dan. About as cool as a company can get. He's busy as hell and still manages to answer all phone calls and strike up good conversation. You hear his phone blaring in the background but he still payes full attention to what you have to say and questions or inquiries about parts. Items come when there supposed to always and are top notch quality.

Last edited by a moderator:
POSITIVE:
K4W
Bill, and Especially Phil at Kent 4 Wheel Drive. Always go above and beyond with Customer service, and have VERY fair prices on New parts. Plus, they have an in-store gunshop.

ACRO
John and Jason at Auburn Car Repair and Offroad. Great prices, great advice, and almost always have the parts you need.

GEORGE THE JEEP
George and Diana also have great customer service. Like the others, they treat you more as friends than customers. Great Prices, and lots of Help.

Would not Hesitate to do business with any of these companies (people) again.

I've probably filtered $5k through John at Auburn Car Repair and Off Road for everything from axles and springs to oil changes and installs and every time I've received outstanding service that has kept me as a loyal customer.

The other would have to be SummitRacing.com. They are spot-on with their descriptions and have always exceeded my expectations with delivery times. (I like things showing up earlier than expected)

Warning: Dont do business with Seabeck 4x4 and fab out of Seabeck WA.

I have another thread here on the forum you might want to read telling about the pain I have endured dealing with this outfit, and to find out, others have also had issues with this outfit too.

Bottom line is, your money is better spent to have a reputable shop or mechanic to rebuild your transfer case or to modify your rig.

This guy is all about taking your money, cutting corners, and doing poor work using salvage yard parts and claiming he "Rebuilt" your transfer case.

Same goes for axles. Putting worn our salvage yard parts in something that was worn out to begin with, is still worn out?

No quality of work, no customer service, this guy is a rank ameture who I would not trust.

:soapbox:

Original post from closed thread:
Recently I answered an ad in Craig's list in the Seattle/Tacoma area for a NP231 transfer case with a Advanced Adapters SYE for $300 from a small shop called Seabeck 4x4 and Fab, in Seabeck WA. After exchanging emails and a couple of phone calls with Ben Plock, one of the owners, he told be he would have to change the input shaft to maych my model year XJ.

But he demanded the money up front before he would consider working on the transfercase, enve though he claimed he had lots of input shafts lying around and it was a relatively easy job. :repair:

So I drove 80 miles to the guys shop near Hood canal on Saturday and paid him the money. I asked him, what any would have in my position, "When will you have it done" Ben informs me he is leaving the next day to go sking at Chrystal Mt, but insures me he will have the transfer case done before he leaves and I can pick it up Sunday in Enumclaw meeting him along his way home.

Sunday comes and get a txt message from Ben saying he ran out of RTV and could not finish my transfer case until Sunday evening, but I could meet him in Enumclaw again around 6:00 pm on his way back from skiing. So I drive the 40 miles to Enumclaw and wait. When the time came to pick up my transfer case, I get another txt message. He is now saying he is not coming back until Tuesday at 3:30.

I called ben and told him, I will drive up to the ski resort and meet thim there and pick up my transfer case. Then makes excuses as why that will not work. So I drove another 40 miles to the ski resort where I called him twice and left him several txt messages telling him where I was and I was there to pick up the transfer case. No response. I waited for an hour. :gonnablow

Neddless to say I was pissed. So I drove home. On the way, he txt me again telling me to meet up with him in Enumclaw on Tuesday at 3:30 pm. He knew I was there but was afraid to meet me. I think at this point my $300 is gone and this guy used it to fund his ski trip. :banghead:

I admit there were enough red flags, that I should have walked away on Saturday and just been out the time and gas, but I needed the transfer case.

Now I'm left filing a police report and will have to sue him to get my money back.

This guy runs ad's in Craig's list frequently. Do yourself a favor. Do'nt do business with this guy. He's a flake and crook. What a way to do business, pissing customers off?

Caviotemptur, "Let the buyer be ware" :soapbox:

Last edited by a moderator:
Logan Metal Products- They have absolutely GREAT customer service!! Been working with Jamie and she has been very informative and helpful. Finally got all my insurance crap cleared up and was able to ship back the brackets as she requested, and in return she is shipping out new brackets along with the new inner bumper bracing the now offer..... FREE of CHARGE, even though I did not buy the bumper from them originally!
I HIGHLY recommend Logan Metal products to anyone looking for a nicely built and cost effective winch bumper!

Logan Metal Products- They have absolutely GREAT customer service!! Been working with Jamie and she has been very informative and helpful. Finally got all my insurance crap cleared up and was able to ship back the brackets as she requested, and in return she is shipping out new brackets along with the new inner bumper bracing the now offer..... FREE of CHARGE, even though I did not buy the bumper from them originally!
I HIGHLY recommend Logan Metal products to anyone looking for a nicely built and cost effective winch bumper!
I ordered front bumper from Logans Metal 3 months ago while Jamie told me it would be done in January. Finaly last week they sent me tracking number and today I found out they voided this tracking number. For me this is worst customer service you could get.

Warn Industries Service Center: :thumbup:

While re-spooling my cable I noticed the winch motor seemed to be loping, and drawing a lot of power with no load. I debated messing with it myself, but with a big trip in the future I decided to leave it to the pro's. With Warn being so close I brought the winch to their service department.

I dealt with Ron, one of the two lead winch techs at the service department. After a bit of paperwork, and explaining the problem Ron said he'd take a look at it. Within a few hours after dropping it off I got a call informing me of what had been found. Ron was still working on the winch, but just called to give an update (awesome service). The next morning I received another call that he had gone through the winch, and solenoids, and it was ready for pickup (less than 24 hours later).

I expected to pay for the labor, but it was all covered under warranty (I'm the original owner). Free of charge, and I walked out with a freshly rebuilt winch (and a few stickers, calendar, tie-down strap).

If you have a Warn winch, and think it may be time to have it looked at, don't hesitate to take it directly to Warn. They charge $44 an hour, and say they usually have them back together within an hour and a half. So for ~$66 you can have your winch gone through, and serviced by a professional.

13270 SE Pheasant Court
Milwaukie, OR 97222
503-722-1200

Six States: :thumbup:

I've recently been using Six States for my u-joint and drive line needs. They have great prices on all Spicer parts. I've picked up several sets of u-joints from them, and have always been pleased with the price. Plus, they're local too.

This week I needed to have a drive line lengthened. I called up Ken at the Six States Drive Line Shop, and he got me right in. Within a few days, I received a call letting me know the drive line was all finished and ready for pickup. The pricing was more than fair, and I left a happy customer.

If you have any sort of drive train need from axles, to drive lines, and transmissions, give Six States a call. Great company!

6011 NE Columbia Blvd.
Portland, Oregon 97218
503-249-1010

Not in the Northwest per say but it will save you from harbor freight crap and top sears/ace prices.

www.heleta.com

if your in a rush to do a project dont waste your time. But if its monday and you have a weekend project this is the site for you.
Good quality cut off wheels, grinding wheels, abrasives, sawzall blades, welding gloves, and more. Even smoke harbor freights prices. Only four buisness days and all my stuff was in. Three pairs of welding gloves, ten cut off wheels, and six sawzall blades with shipping still under $50 bucks. Cant beat that. Give them a shot and pm me thanks later.

Randys ring and pinion

I know were always trying to find the best price for axle stuff but if you need something fast and are willing to pay full price go there. Everything literally seems to be in stock and my order was ready and shipped out the same hour I purchased it in. Kudos for good customer service. I ordered a disc brake conversion from quadratec and it wasnt in stock, they had to drop ship, and I cant get any info on anything. I appreciate great quick order processing and shipping!

Back