• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

September 10 at five-mile pass

SandySteve

NAXJA Member
NAXJA Member
It was a great day, weather was perfect and I finally learned how to find the lower end of Rattlesnake. I ran it with an associate from work, and we teamed up with a motley crew of an XJ, a Wrangler on a tube frame, a Short wheel-base Rubicon and an FJ Cruiser. After that, when we got to Wayne's world, we watched the XJ climb the chute with little problem, but then my friend with a stock 4-door Rubicon (stock lockers) fail multiple times. Then the Short wheel-base Rubicon crawled right up it without any hesitation. We went and looked at Eagles Nest just to say we did and then took the trails to the top to look at the Merkur mines. I got off on some ATV trails, but other than some new pinstriping on the new paint, we were fine. No pics. If you want to see it, go on the next run. ;-):soapbox:

Back