NAXJA Forums -::- North American XJ Association  

Go Back   NAXJA Forums -::- North American XJ Association > NAXJA Events > Past NAXJA Events > PAST NAXJA EVENTS > SierraFest 2007
HOME Member FAQ Sponsor Info Rules Bylaws E-Mail

SierraFest 2007 SierraFest 2007. August 5-12, 2007. Shaver Lake, CA.

Old June 11th, 2007, 09:20
NAXJA Forum User

Re: Dates and Schedule

Looking good guys! I should be there the whole week. For those that want to run stuff the first weekend, I was kinda thinking the locals (me, BenH) could show you guys Blue Canyon. Some extremly fun and different stuff than what that area has to offer. We could do that just sunday to try to wait for those that are coming in from a long ways.

Would anyone like to do that?
Old June 11th, 2007, 21:47
NAXJA Forum User

I'm down for the weekend stuf...count me in.
Old June 15th, 2007, 16:04
NAXJA Forum User

I will be getting back from Vegas on that Monday, and will immediately head up to catch up with everyone on Dusy and pick up any stragglers like myself.

Is this a only run???
Old June 15th, 2007, 17:53
NAXJA Forum User

which end of dusy will everyone be starting at? the south near courtwright res or the north end.
Old June 15th, 2007, 18:33
NAXJA Forum User

South end at Courtwright. If you are starting late, your chances are best to go in from the north. We will be camping at Thompson the first night, then Ershim the second and third. I know from experience that courtwright to ershim is a LONG LONG day.

That is what I would recomend to do if you are thinking about starting Monday night or tuesday morning.
Old June 26th, 2007, 14:30
NAXJA Forum User

What time friday the 10th is departure time. I'm coming from SoCal and the earliest i could get too Shaver Lake is 8p. That's an optimistic estimate.
Old June 26th, 2007, 15:04
NAXJA Forum User

Friday departure is going to be as early as we can get everyone going. Probably hit the road to Swamp no later than 8am. We would like to break camp that night as early as possible so we can some relax time. Its a 4-5 hour (good day) from start to camp.
Old June 28th, 2007, 19:34
NAXJA Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRAKER
What time friday the 10th is departure time. I'm coming from SoCal and the earliest i could get too Shaver Lake is 8p. That's an optimistic estimate.
We traditionally try to leave camp Fri morning at 8:30, no earlier than that. Folks are packing up after camping that night, topping off the ice chests, using the john, etc, so we aim for a departure time around 8:30.

You better get up early........
Thanks to , Falken Tires, Bishop-Buehl Racing Engines, Ten Factory Axles, Brown Dog, Hooker Harness, BILSTEIN, Raceline Wheels, WARN, G&G Auto Repair/Off Road, Yukon Gear and Axle, Full Traction, Cal, Russ, James, and many, many others.
Old July 1st, 2007, 18:17
NAXJA Forum User

richard, it's jeff mulkey from the trailblazers. what are the requirements/ recommendations for the swamp lake/bald mt. trails. as far as would my d30 front (4.88s/lockright/stock shafts) and d44(4.88s/limited slip/stock shafts) be alright? i can pull spares for the front out of another axle me and my dad have.
Old July 3rd, 2007, 07:17
NAXJA Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by myxjrocks
richard, it's jeff mulkey from the trailblazers. what are the requirements/ recommendations for the swamp lake/bald mt. trails. as far as would my d30 front (4.88s/lockright/stock shafts) and d44(4.88s/limited slip/stock shafts) be alright? i can pull spares for the front out of another axle me and my dad have.
You're good, just bring some spare front shafts since you're running 35's. The only requirements for this are at least one locker or good limited slip, 31's, tow points, and some rock rails. I'd break the hub nut loose on both front axles at home before you go......if you've never had them off before.
Thanks to , Falken Tires, Bishop-Buehl Racing Engines, Ten Factory Axles, Brown Dog, Hooker Harness, BILSTEIN, Raceline Wheels, WARN, G&G Auto Repair/Off Road, Yukon Gear and Axle, Full Traction, Cal, Russ, James, and many, many others.
Old July 3rd, 2007, 10:28
NAXJA Forum User

Cool deal. At this point it's looking like i'll be able to attend. I'll be sure to pull those spares and make sure they're "easy" to change if needed. Sounds and looks like it'll be a fun run. i'll plan on getting there the evening of the 9th and staying through the 12th, maybe longer if i get lost in the woods!!
Old July 7th, 2007, 10:13
NAXJA Forum User

If at all possilbe I would like to take a group up to the Red mountain area on Sunday as an alternative to Bald Mountain. The Coyote lake trail is much more challenging than Bald Mtn. this year, and the lakes up in that area are grand and warm. If there is interest in this trail of course, and if it is ok with the organizers.

One more month people, is your junk ready?
Old July 7th, 2007, 12:33
NAXJA Forum User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben H
If at all possilbe I would like to take a group up to the Red mountain area on Sunday as an alternative to Bald Mountain. The Coyote lake trail is much more challenging than Bald Mtn. this year, and the lakes up in that area are grand and warm. If there is interest in this trail of course, and if it is ok with the organizers.

One more month people, is your junk ready?
I dont see why it wouldn't work. I kinda have this "thought" about the sunday bald run though. To me it seems its generally just a good ol' hoot and hollerin time getting to play with the big dogs and stockers. Plus, there may still be interest in doing a Red/Coyote week trip as a secondary option for the week long trip.

Idk if my junk is ready.. Phil?
Old July 7th, 2007, 16:11
NAXJA Forum User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrappy
I dont see why it wouldn't work. I kinda have this "thought" about the sunday bald run though. To me it seems its generally just a good ol' hoot and hollerin time getting to play with the big dogs and stockers. Plus, there may still be interest in doing a Red/Coyote week trip as a secondary option for the week long trip.

Idk if my junk is ready.. Phil?
Cool.

Phil is Matt's junk ready?
Old July 9th, 2007, 12:57
NAXJA Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben H
Cool.

Phil is Matt's junk ready?
I hope he likes cracked frames.
G & G Offroad and Auto Repair can make you think you can run the Box!