• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Dates and Schedule

What time friday the 10th is departure time. I'm coming from SoCal and the earliest i could get too Shaver Lake is 8p. That's an optimistic estimate.

Friday departure is going to be as early as we can get everyone going. Probably hit the road to Swamp no later than 8am. We would like to break camp that night as early as possible so we can some relax time. Its a 4-5 hour (good day) from start to camp.

KRAKER said:
What time friday the 10th is departure time. I'm coming from SoCal and the earliest i could get too Shaver Lake is 8p. That's an optimistic estimate.

We traditionally try to leave camp Fri morning at 8:30, no earlier than that. Folks are packing up after camping that night, topping off the ice chests, using the john, etc, so we aim for a departure time around 8:30.

You better get up early........ :)

richard, it's jeff mulkey from the trailblazers. what are the requirements/ recommendations for the swamp lake/bald mt. trails. as far as would my d30 front (4.88s/lockright/stock shafts) and d44(4.88s/limited slip/stock shafts) be alright? i can pull spares for the front out of another axle me and my dad have.

myxjrocks said:
richard, it's jeff mulkey from the trailblazers. what are the requirements/ recommendations for the swamp lake/bald mt. trails. as far as would my d30 front (4.88s/lockright/stock shafts) and d44(4.88s/limited slip/stock shafts) be alright? i can pull spares for the front out of another axle me and my dad have.

You're good, just bring some spare front shafts since you're running 35's. The only requirements for this are at least one locker or good limited slip, 31's, tow points, and some rock rails. I'd break the hub nut loose on both front axles at home before you go......if you've never had them off before.

Cool deal. At this point it's looking like i'll be able to attend. I'll be sure to pull those spares and make sure they're "easy" to change if needed. Sounds and looks like it'll be a fun run. i'll plan on getting there the evening of the 9th and staying through the 12th, maybe longer if i get lost in the woods!!

If at all possilbe I would like to take a group up to the Red mountain area on Sunday as an alternative to Bald Mountain. The Coyote lake trail is much more challenging than Bald Mtn. this year, and the lakes up in that area are grand and warm. If there is interest in this trail of course, and if it is ok with the organizers.

One more month people, is your junk ready?

Ben H said:
If at all possilbe I would like to take a group up to the Red mountain area on Sunday as an alternative to Bald Mountain. The Coyote lake trail is much more challenging than Bald Mtn. this year, and the lakes up in that area are grand and warm. If there is interest in this trail of course, and if it is ok with the organizers.

One more month people, is your junk ready?

I dont see why it wouldn't work. I kinda have this "thought" about the sunday bald run though. To me it seems its generally just a good ol' hoot and hollerin time getting to play with the big dogs and stockers. Plus, there may still be interest in doing a Red/Coyote week trip as a secondary option for the week long trip.

Idk if my junk is ready.. Phil? :laugh2:

Scrappy said:
I dont see why it wouldn't work. I kinda have this "thought" about the sunday bald run though. To me it seems its generally just a good ol' hoot and hollerin time getting to play with the big dogs and stockers. Plus, there may still be interest in doing a Red/Coyote week trip as a secondary option for the week long trip.

Idk if my junk is ready.. Phil? :laugh2:

Cool.

Phil is Matt's junk ready?

i'm going to be heading up sunday the 5th. Where is everyone going to be meeting/camping that night? the whole area is new to me so any help finding the place would be appriciated. I can't wait for this trip, I'll try to make my junk 4wd this time :twak:

Back