• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What do you need to get done before SCF?

itscheesey

NAXJA Forum User
NAXJA Member
So what do you still need to do to be ready for SOCALFEST?

Personally I need to get a Jeep but that should be happening this weekend. Then I'll just have to complete a few things.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

I have a new gas tank skid that I’d like to bolt up before the event, and I’d like to do something about my sagging leaf springs. But overall the rig’s in pretty good shape and wheelable as it is.

I need to drop off my rig and have Avery tear apart my transfer case to see what's going on with the output shaft. other than that just some odd and end stuff.

Crap man, I still need to break in the 4.88s, trim the fenders, touch up weld the frame stiffeners, I have no rear tow point. Mounting the winch is probably last. If I can't get it ready I may have to bring the YJ

Replace windshield - Done
Redo headliner
Install speaker bar
Weld up rear quarters (as fender cuts left holes in side of them. Yeah!)
Rear disc swap
Brake booster swap
Install dirtbound bumper

I dono from there.
Accepting all guidance and help as well. As I’m new to really breaking into certain Jeep systems. Also welding.

Last edited:
Crap man, I still need to break in the 4.88s, trim the fenders, touch up weld the frame stiffeners, I have no rear tow point. Mounting the winch is probably last. If I can't get it ready I may have to bring the YJ

rockers, rear tow point, winch. everything else is checked off

My Hybrid Cage needs to get finished, headliner back in, I need to complete my WJ brake swap and put in my 241OR TCase in.

Steering upgrade and maybe front stiffeners.

steering upgrade has been installed but that lead to deathwobble. I found a few issues that i had and corrected them including a warped tire. I'm now waiting on Avery so that we can install my front frame stiffeners. Oh and I also want to install a 50" light bar. I also installed a new switch panel.

54729306_1134360586722432_8320683972682055680_n.jpg

55517441_1214977245328905_7281778005649653760_n.jpg

I’ve got a mount for my radio, similar to SFR’s. It’s mounted to the side of the center console. I just haven’t gotten around to attaching a clip for the hand mic.

I’ve got a mount for my radio, similar to SFR’s. It’s mounted to the side of the center console. I just haven’t gotten around to attaching a clip for the hand mic.

got it. My bezel is broken so i just clip the hand mic there.

Straighten the bumper on the MJ again. Maybe put the new tranny mount on.

Not bringing the XJ??

Depends upon how much stuff I have to haul up the hill. On the bright side the wife says I need to start looking for one of those small military trailers.

Back