• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Power window switch lights always on?

iwannadie

NAXJA Forum User
I just swapped batteries(for a new one) and noticed the driver window switch lights were all on with the ignition on and head lights off. I never remember them being on until the headlights were on?

Am I crazy and they are always on with ignition on or is something electrical going on.

I just swapped batteries(for a new one) and noticed the driver window switch lights were all on with the ignition on and head lights off. I never remember them being on until the headlights were on?

Am I crazy and they are always on with ignition on or is something electrical going on.

You're crazy. :) They work the same on my 98 at least.

I don't think there supposed to be on till you turn on the headlights. Check the wiring harness between the door and the a-pillar. The wires tend to break In there

That's the normal configuration.

They shouldn't be lit until the ignition switch is to ON/RUN.

Head Lamp Switch has nothing to do with it, neither does the IOD.

I don't think there supposed to be on till you turn on the headlights. Check the wiring harness between the door and the a-pillar. The wires tend to break In there

If the ignition is on, the window switch and door lock lights are on.

Only the window switch lights cut out with the window lock activated, and the drivers side still stays lit.

Back