• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Weekend is over...what did you get done?

Past member joining again, the intermountain chapter collapsed awhile ago. I've owned 3 XJ's when I lived in Utah and had tons of fun exploring the mountains. I recently moved to the Nashville area and have an opportunity to buy a 2000 Sport w/ 193K bone stock and in very good condition. Are there any areas to go wheeling close to Nashville to justify this purchase ? I was spoiled in UT when plenty of off road trails were within an hours drive. I'm in Mt. Juliet TN about 25 minutes east of Nashville. Thanks, Chris
Depending where you are around Nashville... windrock isn't too awful far... there use to be a few things around Cookeville

Sent from my SM-A426U using Tapatalk

Past member joining again, the intermountain chapter collapsed awhile ago. I've owned 3 XJ's when I lived in Utah and had tons of fun exploring the mountains. I recently moved to the Nashville area and have an opportunity to buy a 2000 Sport w/ 193K bone stock and in very good condition. Are there any areas to go wheeling close to Nashville to justify this purchase ? I was spoiled in UT when plenty of off road trails were within an hours drive. I'm in Mt. Juliet TN about 25 minutes east of Nashville. Thanks, Chris

Land Between the lakes comes to mind. Wooly's south of Nashville and AOP down north of Chattannoga. Those three come to mind.

Land Between the Lakes is about 2 hours northwest of Nashville
Woolys is about an hour south of Nashville
Adventure Off Road is about 2 hours southeast
Windrock is about 3 1/2 hours east
Hale Mountain in about 2 hours south on the Alabama border

There is a place called Wheelin in the Country south of town
They do some stuff out at Loretta Lynn's Ranch west of town
Hawks Pride and Chocloco Mountain are in north Alabama
I've never been to those 4 that I just mentioned.

Windrock has several Jeep Badge of Honor trails on it.

Thanks for the quick responses, looks like there is plenty of places go wheelin. I'll post up some pictures if I complete the purchase.

I sure hope this will be a better year. My youngest brother passed away December 28th and the funeral was January 3rd. I'm ready for some things to go better.

I sure hope this will be a better year. My youngest brother passed away December 28th and the funeral was January 3rd. I'm ready for some things to go better.

Saw the pictures and posts on Facebook. Sorry for your loss Ed!

Got my Atlas 2 install finished up this weekend. Got my shifters all adjusted and ready to go. Driveshafts showed up today. It’s almost shakedown time. IMG_7099.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Got my Atlas 2 install finished up this weekend. Got my shifters all adjusted and ready to go. Driveshafts showed up today. It’s almost shakedown time. View attachment 7672

That Atlas has to be a monster underneath your XJ. Did you have to modify the floor at all? It looks like the twin sticks fit pretty good.

That Atlas has to be a monster underneath your XJ. Did you have to modify the floor at all? It looks like the twin sticks fit pretty good.

No sir. It was very straight forward. It’s clocked up the same as my 231 was, so I was able to retain my existing tcase skid to keep a semi-flat belly. The shifters were a little tricky Since it’s clocked so high, but I was unable to reuse my factory tcase shifter bezel, so im going to look at getting one custom made.

Got my Atlas 2 install finished up this weekend. Got my shifters all adjusted and ready to go. Driveshafts showed up today. It’s almost shakedown time. View attachment 7672

My uncle is looking to get this XJ and many need a shifter job. We'll just install the shocks from 4Wheelonline on his Wrangler and we'll check it out. I'll mention the Atlast 2 to him.

Went to move the XJ and the battery was dead. Boosted it off and then went for a short drive to try to get the battery charged up a bit.

Now that the weather is getting nicer, I need to start driving it more often. It's a lot of fun to drive. I'd probably like driving it more if it rode a bit better. I may start looking into doing front long arms. Hmmmm.

Started a couple projects on my Jeep this weekend that I've been wanting to do for a while.
I opened up my rear wheel wells some more to gain more up-travel. In the rear, I now have 7" of straight line travel from ride height to full bump, and 22.5" of travel from full stuff to full droop.
Also ordered a TK1 Racing sway bar to mock up in the back. I currently run an Antirock in the front, but wanted to do something in the back to tame the rear suspension a little on higher speed stuff

I know they aren't Jeeps but I had the opportunity to save these trucks from the scrapyard. I just had to haul them home. The dark blue truck is a 1993 XL 4.9L I6, 4 speed, 4x4. The light blue is a 1995 XLT 4.9L I6, 5 speed, 4x4.
b5b857768a31ca1070362bc3d776e574.jpg

1ef7ec2c710e1e514d4baf3275a334a5.jpg

548a9037644dcba39bdfbcfce4b5e02c.jpg

97d6ae8ce1af4553b5b1fa372660f43e.jpg

ac619c0290778edfa68cfa3586dc0549.jpg

Last edited:
I know they aren't Jeeps but I had the opportunity to save these trucks from the scrapyard. I just had to haul them home. The dark blue truck is a 1993 XL 4.9L I6, 4 speed, 4x4. The light blue is a 1995 XLT 4.9L I6, 5 speed, 4x4.
b5b857768a31ca1070362bc3d776e574.jpg

1ef7ec2c710e1e514d4baf3275a334a5.jpg

548a9037644dcba39bdfbcfce4b5e02c.jpg

97d6ae8ce1af4553b5b1fa372660f43e.jpg

ac619c0290778edfa68cfa3586dc0549.jpg

That is cool. What are the details on the 2 blue ones? Yea motor transmission?

Back