• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

End links

Adam_W

NAXJA Forum User
I looked under my Jeep today and saw that the endlinks were very close to, if not already touching the coil springs. Has anyone ever had a problem like this? If so how did you correct it?

My Jeep has been lifted 3 inches.

Thanks,

Adam

When I first did 3" of lift, the passenger sway bar link was touching the coil. You probably need longer ones unless they just all of a sudden got closer to the coils and I'm misunderstandig you.

riverfever said:
the passenger sway bar link was touching the coil.

That is basically what was happening. I took the endlinks and sway bar out completely this evening. I didn't notice much difference when I drove around the block, so I don't think I'll have to worry too much.

sway bar less for 6 months now, gotta learn to pre-lean the jeep while going into high speed corners:skull1:

keep the 'take it off' attitudes in check...

front sway bar is there for a reason.....
i bought a used re kit without their discos.... so i was sway barless for like 2 months till i got some extended aftermarket junkyard end links...

i didnt like having to pull the jeep back from when you hit a smooth dip only on 1 side

it is interesting though.... be carefull

how about when you lift it and the front axle actually leans towards the firewall because of stock length control arms,which in turn pulls the sway bar with it.Ya need to get arms that will put the axle back to the stock wheel base or close to it.

Back