• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

u- bolt eliminators

userbmx1315

NAXJA Forum User
ive seen the 2+ from ruff stuff that will give up to 2" of wheelbase.
what other companys make u-bolt elim?

why cant i just weld a plate to my spring mount to make my own?
of course brace it a lil on the sides.

I dont even see the point of Ubolt eliminators. If anything u bolts are easier since you dont need to use two wrenches to tighten them up.

like said above, i dont think ruff stuff makes them but I know TNT does. IMO not worth it.

It looks to me like you could use a stock top plate as a template on just about any old 2.5" perches, drill the perches & make your own.
Doing it that way would be A.) cheaper and B.) possibly eliminating the lift

Ditto for the bump plate - as long as you have the ability to cut plate, I don't see why you'd pay extra...

Side note on the bump plate - for go fast applications, couldn't you notch a piece of 1" square stock, trim it to fit in between the plate & the axle tube and then weld it home? Seems like an easy way to reinforce without going nuts with it...

Never saw the point on an XJ. CJ, YJ, MJ, any spring-under-axle design, ya, good idea. Get all those rock-anchors out from under the axle. On the XJ, it's already out of the way. Wouldn't putting a plate to catch bolts hang down further then the U-bolts?

Wouldn't putting a plate to catch bolts hang down further then the U-bolts?

um, no? only thing missing here is shock mounts, which were mounted at the axle , so no, NOTHING hangs below the axle.

as soon as i have capabilities to bend 1/4" plate, i will make my own, but you cant just butt weld 3 peices of plate together, it's gotta be one uniform C- shaped channel (with a brace in the middle to form an E)
two friends have gone with them, but i dont run them on my truck. theyre definately trick, and sometimes thats a factor. i would run em if i could make them, but the price is too much IMHO. theyre still cool though. haters gonna hate.

I was thinking of something else. That looks nice. ('still don't really see the point though)

It looks to me like you could use a stock top plate as a template on just about any old 2.5" perches, drill the perches & make your own.
Doing it that way would be A.) cheaper and B.) possibly eliminating the lift
problem with that, is stock perches are the same width as our leafs. the ubolts are on the OUTSIDE. ubolt perches are differant, in that they are wider, so theres room for the bolts, and extra room to navigate the nuts/bolt.

look at it again dude.

I was thinking of something else. That looks nice. ('still don't really see the point though)

it definately gets looks in traffic, but it's not just for SHOW. i liked how it tied the truss in pretty much end to end. ive been trying to do something similar with stockish perches, and it's a lot harder!

like i said, it's cool, and differant. some people like that differant approach.

nobody's telling anyone they work better, or are stronger, it's just differant.

Actually, you could make them out of stock axle perches. Clamp two perches together, weld a bead down the center, grind flush, mill/drill new centering hole, drill holes for bolts to go outside springs.

ruffstuff doesnt make ubolt eliminators?!?
tnt customs does, and theyre nice... but expensive for what they are.

Yes they do, the call them 2+ perches
http://www.ruffstuffspecialties.com/catalog/2-perch-p-453.html

Compared to T&T
http://tntcustoms.com/u-bolteliminiators.aspx

But here is the real stuff that TNT doesn't(but should) show:
The perches are made from 1/4"
IMG_0169.jpg

IMG_0170.jpg

The top plate with integrated Bump stop extension is closer to 3/8" or 1/2"
IMG_0171.jpg

Installed
PC220405.jpg

And in the Jeep
P3010473.jpg

These were the 1.5" UBEs and even though they are kinda on the tall side, I never have to run more than a 2.5" leaf spring for the set-up/lift hight I want: 1" boomerang shackles, shackle relocation bracket, max of 6.5" lift in the rear. Though I will probably switch to a 1/2" when I do my 9" swap, Just so I don't have to worry about putting the rear end up too high once I get everything in.

thanks hot rod
seems like were on the same level lol.

was thinking about 1" lift u-bolt elim and extending the rear about an inch. i'm wanting to ditch the 5.5 re springs to get something flatter

Honestly I would do the smallest possible, since they have the same operating characteristics as blocks

Yes and no. The UBEs are a lot longer than factory spring perches, like anti-wrap lengths, making it a lot better than just lift blocks. 1.5" might have been a little excessive, and would recommend the 1/2" or 1" to anyone wanting to try and keep a low over all lift height.

Stock:
DSC01502.jpg

VS. UBE
PC220405.jpg

Back