• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

D30 and D44 use the same pinion yoke

Chris S

NAXJA Forum User
A U-joint went on my drive shaft and damaged the pinion yoke on my D44. In my efforts to try to get my rig running I tried using the pinion from a D35C, but it didn't match. My buddy then suggested checking the yoke on my old D30 front. I went "nah, that would be nuts", but checked it anyway. Sure enough, it's exactly the same yoke. Nutty, but true.
And then to make the crazyness complete my buddy had a correct new U-joint sitting in his drawer left over from some repair he did 10 years ago.

My rig is now rolling on an XJ D44 rear and a non-disco D30 front and has 3.5" of lift front and 4" of lift rear. I'm hoping the rear will sag slightly as I will be adding a winch to the front.

Another interesting tidbit....that same yoke will fit the front output of your t-case.....although the t-case yoke is for a double cardan joint and the pinion yokes take a u-joint.

Back