• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

jimgrms' WJ Build Thread

xj-grin

NAXJA Member #1096
I'll start it, and then someone will have to teach Jim how to use photobucket and post pics... :kissyou:

1. Varilock/Quadradrive Axle Swap:

dirty and gooky:
P2150295.jpg

cleaned:
P2150296.jpg

pretty and black:
P2170298.jpg

P2170299.jpg

you take it from here, Jim!:sunshine:

Got the discos 2 1/2 pucks adjastable track bar front tow hooks ,t/c skid , adjustable shocks , to be built sliders and tire carrier, guess i will have to get a camera and take some photos , if ya haven;t heard i got a 2002 grand cherokee 4.0 6 242 t/c less than 90 k on the clock, a real clean ride but it has no attitude yet gotta get me a camera and fluid for my new axels

WOOT!

Good luck with the build.

Finished the axels and the heep actually drives nice w/just a trace of wobble , Still needs to be aligned , The rear drive shaft is to long so right now i am in 4wd, will do that tomorrow ,also the new rear shocks are to short so that will have to be rectified ,
had to do a little triming on the front as there was some rubbing
i tried to send some photos but can't figure it out . all in all i am happy with it remains to be seen how it works on the trails

it turned out to be more just upgrading to better parts ,it is lifted with pucks (2 1/2 " with rancho 5000 adjustable shocks 17 in moab wheels and 255 75 17 bfg km2 mt that are siped . still to come are sliders and a swing out tire carrier ,if it works as good as my old xj did i'll be way stoked , thanks Kiefer :>{))))))))

looks great, Jim. Looks like you'll be trimming a bit as well!

it turned out to be more just upgrading to better parts ,it is lifted with pucks (2 1/2 " with rancho 5000 adjustable shocks 17 in moab wheels and 255 75 17 bfg km2 mt that are siped . still to come are sliders and a swing out tire carrier ,if it works as good as my old xj did i'll be way stoked , thanks Kiefer :>{))))))))

Should work BETTER then your old XJ! And Jim, Don't worry about lunch! Ill have to teach ya how to post pics some time!

its that new goatee -- the chicks dig it.

your speedo, unlike in an XJ, will require one of those pricey piggyback computers or a flash to correct, as it comes off the tone ring for the ABS, not the t-case, so you can't just swap gears... bummer. I was hoping the 3.73 gear change might offset the tire size and get you close.

Back