• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Car/Truck ADD... Bought me a HEMI!

Yeah it's the Hemi tick....

rk4oe9.jpg

However, keep an eye on your left bank (as you are looking at the engine) exhaust manifold bolts. They are kinda prone to breaking off the nuts on the manifold, so you will get a little noise if they do. Lesson learned on my behalf.

mac

Last edited:
I'm probably just being paranoid, but I notice a tick in the engine that sounds either like a noisy lifter or exaust leak. It only took me a matter of seconds to find that tons of people have this ticking, and some have written it off as "a dodge thing". I'm just wondering if you guys have any insight into this. Just google "ram 5.7 HEMI tick" and you will find an abundance of complaints.

So whatcha think? Anyone experienced this HEMI tick?

My service truck has that tick, been there since the truck was new. Drives me crazy but it's never caused any problems.

Is it the 5.7 HEMI? Man, seems like everyone with a HEMI has that tick going on. Crazy

Yep it's the 5.7 in a 05 2500 4x4. I have put 80k miles on the truck with that tick. It's been an awesome truck. Just had to replace front brakes and axle u joints. That's all I have done to it other than scheduled maintenance.

Back