• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Paypal weirdness...again.

DrMoab

NAXJA Forum User
So I was going through my bank statment and ran across a charge for 25 bucks to something called paypal *rapidshare

I didn't make any paypal transactions and there isn't anything on my paypal account so I call them to see whats up.

They tell me that the charge was made but it wasn't made under a normal paypal account and they don't know what this *rapidshare even is.

Anyone else ever had an issue like this?

I quickly pulled all my money out and had them lock my account incase my card was stolen.

I had them fark up a transaction several years ago to vBulletin for some board software purchase. Somewhere around $275. I was just getting ready to go to bed and saw an email pop up from vB thanking me for my purchase with PayPal. I immediately confirmed everything on PayPal and shut the entire operation down. I called in the morning and got everything straightened out. PP's fraud dept could only explain that lines were crossed somewhere and my account was used instead of someone else's. They said that IP activity into my account was ONLY from my home IP, nowhere else, so nothing had been compromised. vB was extremely cooperative and immediately stopped activity on the account that was inadvertently created with my email address (based on the PP info, of course...they said they did that for security, using the email address on the PP account to verify...it worked!).

That's the only hiccup I've ever had with them, and they handled it quickly. My wife works at my bank and kept an eye out for the charge but it never showed up.

ECKSJAY said:
I had them fark up a transaction several years ago to vBulletin for some board software purchase. Somewhere around $275. I was just getting ready to go to bed and saw an email pop up from vB thanking me for my purchase with PayPal. I immediately confirmed everything on PayPal and shut the entire operation down. I called in the morning and got everything straightened out. PP's fraud dept could only explain that lines were crossed somewhere and my account was used instead of someone else's. They said that IP activity into my account was ONLY from my home IP, nowhere else, so nothing had been compromised. vB was extremely cooperative and immediately stopped activity on the account that was inadvertently created with my email address (based on the PP info, of course...they said they did that for security, using the email address on the PP account to verify...it worked!).

That's the only hiccup I've ever had with them, and they handled it quickly. My wife works at my bank and kept an eye out for the charge but it never showed up.
This looks like a deliberate attempt at someone stealing my card.

My paypal account hasn't been touched.

Anyway their so called fraud team is working on it.

DrMoab said:
This looks like a deliberate attempt at someone stealing my card.

My paypal account hasn't been touched.

Anyway their so called fraud team is working on it.

Oops, totally missed the bank statement part. Call the bank and have them work on it, too. You've only got so much time for that...

I just got done dealing with credit card fraud. I don't know who charged my card, or where they got it from, but they charged over $600 between 11 different charges. It came up on my card statement as adwords at google dot com. Visa was great about it and had all the charges removed two days after I filled out the proper forms. They got me a new card in less than a week also. Good luck man.

Back