• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

3/30/19 Hope it's spring ride

ARB-XJ

NAXJA Forum User
Well since i tore into the jeep with the axle swap, i need to set myself a deadline for it to be at a minimum on the new axles/tires and able to be out on the trail. Im going to 3-30 that give me time to work out and bugs or finish other things before nacfest. So 3-30 trail ride, whos in?! Id like to do AOAA since ive never been but could do RC if the crowd would rather.

Oh jeez, Chris, don't I wish! Progress is slow as always on that one, but no matter the Little 01 That Could is still bopping around happily.

Far enough out I might be able to make this...

Bump - I think I'm still looking good for this, is it still happening?

Unfortunatly i wont be able to make it, i have the axles an suspension back under the jeep, but wont have the driveshafts/steering done in time

At this point I might be out too. I started mine up this weekend to take it and have a tire checked for leaks, and found two new problems - a completely siezed alternator and a power steering fluid leak.

Don't know if it'll be back in fighting trim in time for the weekend or not at this point.

I got mine back from the shop last night - didn't have the time/inclination to try the alt myself after watching it be done 4 years ago, so farmed it out. New alt, PS leak found to be hose, and the tire's holding air (dirt/debris in bead from last trail run suspected).

Seems good, but will make a fuel run with it tonight to shake it down a little more.

So looks like Eric and Chris are out, anyone else still interested?

I'm getting the distinct impression that this run is not meant to be, but hey, it happens.

Well, looks like my window to make this has closed - would have needed to put in for a couple hours' vacation tomorrow afternoon and book a hotel out in PA to make this, and it's a little late now to do so (and it's not like I don't have a bunch of other stuff to deal with too that I could use the time for).

No big deal, there's still several weekends left before NACFest for a shakedown run if anyone's looking to put a group together.

I'd be up for that.

Got to thinking that my battery's been a little weak, and driving it down to the shop a couple days ago with no alternator may have been "unkind" to it. Since it's still under warranty until the end of June, I should probably go have it load-tested tomorrow so I don't end up killing my shiny new alternator with a dodgy Optima...

Well, the battery load-tested fine, but I discovered some death wobble on the way back from getting that done. Good thing I ended up not trying to drive it out into PA this weekend.

It's going back to the guy that did the alternator so he can go over the front end for loose stuff, and check the alignment (hasn't been done since the last suspension change, and the steering wheel's a bit off-center).

Last weekend of April I'll be away, but I could definitely do the first or second weekend in May. Thoughts, everyone?
Rich.

Back