• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Vibrations > 45 MPH... Close to Fix?

I recall seeing a video on Xj drive shafts and making sure that if the 2 sections are separated they have to go back together the way they came from the mfr. They are stamped. Could be a simple fix, good luck

That only applies if you separate the slip yoke end.

Found that the lift was a bit higher than I thought. 3.75". Lowered to exactly 3".

But, I installed a 3 degree shim. No luck. Less vibration over all.

Maybe 2 degrees? :doh::puke:

Your pinion angle must be off, should be zero at the diff with a double cardan shaft, meaning your pinion should be pointing directly at the closest ujoint in the double cardan, not the pinion on the SYE

Your pinion angle must be off, should be zero at the diff with a double cardan shaft, meaning your pinion should be pointing directly at the closest ujoint in the double cardan, not the pinion on the SYE

Went out of town for a while. Out in Southern IN, where I found a part time Jeep mechanic/full time mechanical engineer recommended by many. He inspected the Jeep. IHO the pinion angle is fine.

Did find that the transmission mount is cracked and that the entire transmission is pretty loose. It is possible to shake the entire thing by hand.

Not that this is the overall problem.

Back