• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Utah4WD Assoc. Turkey Run-Donations to the Utah Food Bank

XJEEPER

NAXJA Member # 13
NAXJA Member
Here's a great opportunity to give service to the Utah community. We do this every year before Thanksgiving, when the Food Bank takes it's biggest hit. This provides thousands of meals for those less fortunate and shows the community what real 4-wheelers are all about.

Date is set for Tuesday, November 18th at 11:30am. We will meet at a pre-determined location and then caravan as a group to the Utah Food Bank. Stay tuned for the meeting spot, I'll post it in this thread.

Gather canned food and non-perishable food (no home cookin' or glass bottles please) and frozen turkeys are welcome as well. Any cash donations go directly to the purchase of turkeys.

Here's the details on the Turkey Run....get your friends, family, co-workers, employers to get in on this worthy cause.

After joining forces last year but having a small turnout, jeep-slc
discussed and decided to get back to our traditional weekday "4x4 Turkey
Run", and to sweeten the pot a bit, we issue a friendly challenge to the
Wild Yoats to see who can deliver the most food to the food bank.

BTW, here are items needed by the Utah Food Bank:

Frozen Turkeys
Canned Fruits and Veggies
Canned Meats and Stews
Pasta and Beans
Baby Food, Formula and Diapers

The 4th Annual 4x4 Turkey Run will be on Tuesday, Nov 18th. We will meet in
the parking lot across from the Soup Kitchen 1185 Richards (1300 S West
Temple) at 11:30, and arrive at the food bank at noon. Food will be
donated to the Utah Food Bank, recognition donated to Utah 4 Wheel Drive
Association.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Last edited:
Thanks Jeff. I missed last years but wanted to make sure I made this years. Would be nice to see some rides sportin NAXJA stickers there. :D

About time someone picked a trail I can make it down..I think I can do West Temple.. If I can't get leave, (will know this week), I'll need to drop the donation(s) off with someone prior to that on a saturday or sunday, if that's okay. If I CAN make it, I'll need assurances the food bank doesn't scream Get that turkey! and toss me in a freezer...:eyes:

I got leave for the 18th, so I'll be there. Hopefully, the smell of Herculiner will be gone from the inside of the beast by then..if not, I'll be the guy in the ugly ass white jeep with his eyes crossed and a goofy look on his face. Then again..that part doesn't change much...I hope others can make it, be kinda lonely if not, and I don't even remember where the food bank is. I'm just gonna toss a couple cases of food in the back and motor on in, regardless....

Utah Food Bank...they don't call xj's Grocery Getters for nothing...

We're a week out, from the Utah Food Bank Turkey Trample, or whatever we're calling it. We've gained a couple of new members from Utah recently, is it time to remind those that can make it, it's a good way to get to know each other? Also, are we planning on doing lunch or something after, or just splitting up and back on home? Some of the guys at work are bringing in some supplies for me to donate, so, it's looking better. Thinking maybe some of the newer members might not know of this portion of the thread, wondering if private messages are an option, or too overbearing. 23rd day of work in a row :bawl:
So, maybe this doesn't make much sense.

Hey,

Just a FYI.... On this last Saturday Nov. 15th the Wild Yoats
already did a food drive run. Does this mean they are still going to join us or did they bail? Guess, it really does not matter.

brian r said:
Hey,

already did a food drive run. Does this mean they are still going to join us or did they bail? Guess, it really does not matter.

Well that's news to me. XJEEPER or anyone else heard anything about Tuesday the 18th?

brian r said:
Hey,

Well, I'm sitting on about 20ish cases of food, so hope it's still going thru for the 18th..took the day off. Figured they (Wild yoats) would have done it the same day, if we're doing a competition thing. Otherwise, I'm gonna take a video of Albertson's and say, hey, look what we donated, and yes, it fit into a Cherokee....

The Yoats club set their date first........not sure why the different dates but the Jeep-SLC Food Drive run will be on the 18th as posted.
Great job on the donations poomba!
See ya'll on Tuesday.

We kicked some serious asphalt!

Utah 4 Wheel Drive Association met with us today, 19 rigs total, with 10 of them xj's. Very good turnout. More importantantly, 2,248 pounds of food gathered and donated. In addition, $100.00 in cash gathered (enough for 200 pounds of frozen turkey).
NAXJA made a very good showing, and help solidify our ties with other Utah 4 wheelers. Was great to finally meet some of the guys behind the forums, and show our support for those in need, just like we do on the trails. :D

Thanks for the pics Jon. Kudos to Jon (poomba) for the 20 cases of food. I was really impressed with the turnout. Met some more local 4 wheelers and enjoyed lunch with good company.

Back