• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Membership Drive

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whatever you say in this thread doesn't matter now. Quit your whining and fix it instead of being like this. You have been on the forum for 6 months and are complaining about shit that has been around since LONG before I was on the board or even had an XJ.

there is nothin to fix it meets your own XXXXin rules

To be honest they are much safer tied into the unibody with bolts and brackets then they are compared to your weld job on the bumper. Its just facts buddy, if you don't like it, then thats just too bad

HAHAHAHHAHAHAHGAHHAHAHHAHAHHA WTF are you talkin about ?>!>?!?!?!?!?!?"!??!??!?!??!??!?!??!??!

are you XXXXing serious?????!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!

DOZER WE ARE DOIN THAT TEST!!!!!!

read the rules yourself it says equal to or greater than oem i say again... have you seen xj oem tow hooks?

Oh you mean the ones on the front of my Jeep that were pulled on a couple times and held up just fine. Just give it up man. This thread will either be cleaned up or deleted thanks to you two. These are some of the best people I have ever met. One of which changed my alternator in an Autozone parking lot in crawfordsville. ONe of them installed Brendans gears and front locker and one of which GAVE me a set of Shackle relocation brackets. If you don't want to wheel with people like that don't do it! GET THIS THREAD BACK ON TRACK for crying out loud.

3. Im like GET ME DOWN FROM THIS LEDGE

I'm pretty sure you could have and did back down the ledge without an issue. That was safer than trying to tug your jeep up and over that ledge.

Dan Wheeler is a very experienced trail leader and highly respected not just by me, but by every single member (and i stress MEMBER) of these boards. If he did not approve of something I am sure it was for good reason and it obviously was for good reason. So please stop whinning about your welded on tow hooks.

To be honest they are much safer tied into the unibody with bolts and brackets then they are compared to your weld job on the bumper. Its just facts buddy, if you don't like it, then thats just too bad

ok so why dont you put in more specific rules so dozers hooks are no good but if i bolt on a tow hook with a 1/4" grade 3 bolt its g2g and an oem tow hook has 2 bolts goin thru 2 pieces of sheet metal

you wanna talk about rules?
look at my quote from your own damn rules have you ever seen oem xj tow hooks?

I have seen oem XJ tow hooks. I've used them on some pretty hard pulls on my own rig too. I'm not seeing your point.

Here's a suggestion. Kick it down a notch. This isn't pirate. Tone of voice is sometimes hard to gage on the web so, keep that in mind when you're reading here on NAXJA.

Now, I'm far from being a metal geek but, I've read in several different places that when you weld on a tow hook, it becomes more brittle than it was originally. This is the reason that welded hooks are considered dangerous and are not really looked upon as being a safe tow point. The only thing that is in question here is the hook being welded. The bumper itself looks more than adequate and appears to be mounted very well.
For the record, I did not do tech on this rig. I know who dozer is and did not run across him while doing tech.

The fact remains: NAXJA has rules. We follow them.

there is nothin to fix it meets your own XXXXin rules

My rules? I just help out with WF and nothing more. You want to change it talk to the BOD and Lobster. They are in charge. I am just a peon dude. You know what forget it. I may as well be talking to a brick!

Oh you mean the ones on the front of my Jeep that were pulled on a couple times and held up just fine. Just give it up man. This thread will either be cleaned up or deleted thanks to you two. These are some of the best people I have ever met. One of which changed my alternator in an Autozone parking lot in crawfordsville. ONe of them installed Brendans gears and front locker and one of which GAVE me a set of Shackle relocation brackets. If you don't want to wheel with people like that don't do it! GET THIS THREAD BACK ON TRACK for crying out loud.
your missing the whole point. Im not saying your not great guys. You cant expect people to follow rules that are not written down. Thats what im saying. not weld streangth vs bolts or anything. (even though i could go on)

HAHAHAHHAHAHAHGAHHAHAHHAHAHHA WTF are you talkin about ?>!>?!?!?!?!?!?"!??!??!?!??!??!?!??!??!

are you XXXXing serious?????!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!

DOZER WE ARE DOIN THAT TEST!!!!!!

Go back to pirate. Apparently you already know all there is to know. I'm pretty sure I will sleep fine without you wheeling with us next year. :dunno:

So Brendan How bout them Colts? :dunno: :D

your missing the whole point. Im not saying your not great guys. You cant expect people to follow rules that are not written down. Thats what im saying. not weld streangth vs bolts or anything. (even though i could go on)
Dozer, I have nothing against you. Its the other guy. You aren't being hateful about everything. You know what to do now so in the future there won't be a misunderstanding. It isn't specifically wrote down but apparently it needs to be. I can't do much about it but once someone who can chimes in we are pretty much stuck with it. They have been trying to get the bylaws all worked out so it may make it in there when they do get them straightened out.

My rules? I just help out with WF and nothing more. You want to change it talk to the BOD and Lobster. They are in charge. I am just a peon dude. You know what forget it. I may as well be talking to a brick!
right what ever and hale you are right this isnt pirate if it was i would be havin alot more fun! am i right or am i right?!?!?!?!?

seriously i can not belive how clueless you fawkers are by your own description, it is better to bolt on a link bracket than it is to weld it

get a fawkin clue truth is dozer got fawked and for the record no one ever stoped while dozer was layin in the mud not even to flip him off that is some serious BS

right what ever and hale you are right this isnt pirate if it was i would be havin alot more fun! am i right or am i right?!?!?!?!?

seriously i can not belive how clueless you fawkers are by your own description, it is better to bolt on a link bracket than it is to weld it

get a fawkin clue truth is dozer got fawked and for the record no one ever stoped while dozer was layin in the mud not even to flip him off that is some serious BS

Please go back and re-read your posts. Then ask yourself who sounds like the clueless ones. Insulting MEMBERS on these boards, especially a former President of the MWC does not bode well for you a USER of there forums.

If i had known you wanted someone to lay in the mud and play with a square driveshaft with ya dozer i am someone would have done so. How many people would you like to lay in the mud and watch you unbolt a driveshaft? the entire group? come on buddy seriously?

Dude, I wasn't there i don't know what happened. I was in the green group wheeling my Jeep that is a lot smaller than dozers and even though it wasn't as capable it was done correctly. If he can figure out a more secure way to mount them I'm sure they will let him wheel. I just have a hard time believing that nobody stopped to help him out.

Please go back and re-read your posts. Then ask yourself who sounds like the clueless ones. Insulting MEMBERS on these boards, especially a former President of the MWC does not bode well for you a USER of there forums.

If i had known you wanted someone to lay in the mud and play with a square driveshaft with ya dozer i am someone would have done so. How many people would you like to lay in the mud and watch you unbolt a driveshaft? the entire group? come on buddy seriously?

you keep touting what great ppl you all are but honestly you arent you just look out for your own like oh dont insult my former pres

and i didnt say ppl had to help but no one even stopped to be like hey wtf dozer everythin ok? allright see ya

nothin my cousin was the only person

are you dozer's spokesman or something? why are you so pissy about something when it really didnt involve you?

Dude, I wasn't there i don't know what happened. I was in the green group wheeling my Jeep that is a lot smaller than dozers and even though it wasn't as capable it was done correctly. If he can figure out a more secure way to mount them I'm sure they will let him wheel. I just have a hard time believing that nobody stopped to help him out.

believe it that is what happened a member of our group stopped not yours and his hook is more secure than most others we are goin to hook a strap to it and to a stock xj hook and see which one holds out the longest

are you dozer's spokesman or something? why are you so pissy about something when it really didnt involve you?

Thank you. Funk just earned himself a nomination.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back