• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Sierra Fest 2009 Trip Report

Diagnosis=Douchebag. :laugh2:

"Don’t be fooled, she’s no Barbie Jeep, Ershim, Coyote, Swamp, no problem"...Really? I don't think so, other than the Barbie Jeep part...:laugh2:

"Don’t be fooled, she’s no Barbie Jeep, Ershim, Coyote, Swamp, no problem"...Really? I don't think so, other than the Barbie Jeep part...:laugh2:
That CJ would have been fine if there was not some jerk in a XJ blocking off the trail and making it not possible to pass on a good line!!!!

Oh yeah and if the Hubs worked too! :laugh2:

So first off... I had an awesome time wheeling and hanging out with everybody.
and second... someone was mentioning a pick a part or something yard in either the san jose or sf bay areas that had a bunch of XJ's with Dana 44's... can anyone tell me which yard or yards these are? I want to my local Pick 'n Pull, and got skunked...

http://www.picknpull.com/

click on the locations tab, look for the ones close to you, this weekend is 1/2 price! A dana 44 with breaks on a half price weekend should be around $89.

Newark and North SJ have been ok for me, some say Oakland is ok sometimes too, but you will need to get there early.

So first off... I had an awesome time wheeling and hanging out with everybody.
and second... someone was mentioning a pick a part or something yard in either the san jose or sf bay areas that had a bunch of XJ's with Dana 44's... can anyone tell me which yard or yards these are? I want to my local Pick 'n Pull, and got skunked...

Last time Ed and I went to the one in Newark(two weeks ago?) they had at least two D44s.

I know it's half price weekend! that's why I went yesterday! I may head up to the bay area (maybe newark?) this weekend before the sale is over.

I am officially running an XJ dana 44 rear axle!!!

Got it at south San Jose. only one there :spin1:
Hey Jes, how much you want for just the locker and shafts?
I'll even pull 'em for yah!:cool:

I gotta say: the braking is significantly better with the D44. I don't know if that has to do with the way the brakes are designed, having more pad, or if the D35's brakes were just bad, but the stopping power is definitely better. And my parking brake actually works!!!

thank you sir.

Finally got time to check the thread today. Great trip, love to run swamp.

Ben, Great! :roflmao: raffle & dinner. I even won something I can use!!

Hope to see ya all soon.

Last edited:
Finally got time to check the thread today. Great trip, love to run swamp.

Ben, Great! :roflmao: raffle & dinner. I even won something I can use!!

Hope to see ya all soon.

It sure was good hangin with you Jack, I'm glad you found the raffle accomodating and thanks again for your support!

Back