• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Ever Seen this Storage Box?

It was available at the Dealership. Often it was used for a 6 disk remote CD changer.

standard.jpg

Last edited:
I have one in my Jeep.
It is what holds the 6 CD changer.
Dealer installed option from what I understand.
Mine is even Camel like that.
I am 3rd owner and guessing the original owner had it installed.
I have seen them in 3 colors.
Mist Gray for what I believe to be for the '97's and '98's.
Agate for the '99's to '01's.
And the Camel for the '99 to '01's.
What I have never seen is the Saddle which would be a '97 and '98 color.
When they do come up on places like Ebay usually the seller is asking a
massive amount of money for them.
Nothing thing you might want to keep your eye out for it the Lido box.

https://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=1110485

Some say Jeep. Some say Lido. All made by Lido from what I understand.
I have one of those too. Guy local to me was selling it and thinking I would never see one again grabbed it. Price was reasonable so. Does need a new lock.
They pop up from time to time too.
They made one for the driver's side but I have never seen that one for sale.

Thanks guys, I actually had a Lido in my old XJ that I scored for $20 at a junkyard. Looking at buying an XJ here in Japan and came across this one I've never seen before.

Cut away the stock "pocket" and you open up a huge storage volume. A door can be fitted over the opening, a piece of board covered in appropriate color carpet or vinyl will make a nice finishing touch to any door.
I got a spare gallon of gear oil, and about five quart bottles of atf, pwr steering, mtr oil, brake fluid, and a grease gun, plus some spare parts stashed back there once the stock pocket was cut out

The space to store stuff back there is great.

On the driver side I got an ARB air compressor installed hidden behind that panel, with room to spare

Back