• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Swap party - And parts for sale

johnnyc

NAXJA Forum User
NAXJA Member
Had a talk with Grant over sushi last night. He has graciously offered to let me hold my swap party at his warehouse. So tentatively, I'm thinking the weekend of July 29-30. I'd appreciate any and all help. Food and beverages will be provided.

Some parts have already been spoken for.

Tranny
Transfer case
Rock rails
Seats

But there will be plenty of other parts available for sale.

From old 96 XJ.

Engine
Gas tank skid
Tomken transfer case skid
Grill
Rear hatch glass
Front C4X4 winch bumper
Cruise control
Interior parts

And from the new 98 XJ.

HP Dana 30
Chrysler 8.25 (29-sp)
Stock suspension and steering parts
Stock bumpers
Stock wheels and tires

There's other miscellaneous stuff that I can't think of right now. If you want something, send me a PM. And come on down that weekend to pull the part and take it away.

Post up if you think you can make it. Thanks guys!

Last edited:
Hey Johnny,

I will be able to stop by one of those days to lend a hand. Not sure which one yet, but count me in. I may even bring Kaleb. He is getting really good a hammer and screwdriver. He wants a wrench!

For those that don't know who Kaleb is, he is my son. He will be 3 at the end of Aug. He loves off-roading, Jeeps, and monster trucks.

Updated...

xjohnnyc said:

Tranny - Avery
Transfer case - Grant
Rock rails - Armen
Seats - Avery
Front C4X4 winch bumper - Dan (dzraces)

From old 96 XJ.

Engine -$150
Gas tank skid - $20
Tomken transfer case skid - $20
Grill - $10
Rear hatch glass - $5
Cruise control - $50
Interior parts

And from the new 98 XJ.

HP Dana 30 - $150
Chrysler 8.25 (29-sp) - $150
Stock suspension and steering parts - free
Stock bumpers - free
Stock wheels and tires - free

Just kinda threw those prices in there. I think they're pretty fair. :dunno:

Also available is a 1996 FSM. Good condtion with just a few greasy fingerprints. - $50

And a custom plexiglass windshield. Fine Polish craftsmanship. Good up to 60 mph. - free to good home.

Johnny do you know if the CC will work in a 92?

ruggedjeep said:
Hey Johnny, the doors off the 96 are 97+ correct? are those up for grabs ?
Mike they are 97+. I'll let Johnny say whether or not there available. Probably......................

Kyung

Sorry Steve, the cruise control is 1996 specific.

And Mike, you can have the doors for free, if you really want them. The only thing is that I'll be taking out the power regulators so I can convert my manual windows some time in the future. But then again, you probably don't care about the regulators anyway. And it probably doesn't matter that the glass is still in good shape. :)

xjohnnyc said:

And Mike, you can have the doors for free, if you really want them. The only thing is that I'll be taking out the power regulators so I can convert my manual windows some time in the future. But then again, you probably don't care about the regulators anyway. And it probably doesn't matter that the glass is still in good shape. :)
Sweet thanks man, ya ill be gutting them and making 1/2 doors. Let me know when you want to make arrangments, ill come by and grab them.

xjohnnyc said:

Johnny, Keep the spliced portion of the two harnesses as one of these days I'd like to document what wire goes where for the 97+ door conversion.

Remi

wayoflife said:
hey, on the 96, what color is the interior? i'm in need of a driver side seat belt (latch side) in gray. also, does it still have the washer resevior/pump? also, where is this thing going to be? thanks :)

Gray interior. Yes on the reservoir/pump. And it'll be at the M&G location (you know, the one where you showed up in the front, while we were in the back). :)

Updated again...

xjohnnyc said:
Updated...

Quote:
Originally Posted by xjohnnyc

Tranny - Avery
Transfer case - Grant
Rock rails - Armen
Seats - Avery
Front C4X4 winch bumper - Dan (dzraces)
Engine -Sequoia
HP Dana 30 - zacattack (pending)
Chrysler 8.25 (29-sp) - zacattack (pending)
Tomken transfer case skid - Armen

From old 96 XJ.

Gas tank skid - $20
Grill - $10
Rear hatch glass - $5
Cruise control - $50
Interior parts
97+ door panels w/power switches

And from the new 98 XJ.

Stock suspension and steering parts - free
Stock bumpers - free
Stock wheels and tires - free

Just kinda threw those prices in there. I think they're pretty fair. :dunno:

Also available is a 1996 FSM. Good condtion with just a few greasy fingerprints. - sold to 5-90

And a custom plexiglass windshield. Fine Polish craftsmanship. Good up to 60 mph. - free to good home.

Hey Johnny,

What about the horns, are they available? Mine sounds a little wierd since I got all that mud and water in them a while back (over 1 year). Just haven't thought about them much, but yesterday I almost got hit by Mercedes.

No factory horns. I had installed twin air horns, but they aren't very loud. Super Autobacs on Beach Blvd. has a nice selection of loud horns. And you can even listen to them in the store. :)

xjohnnyc said:
No factory horns. I had installed twin air horns, but they aren't very loud. Super Autobacs on Beach Blvd. has a nice selection of loud horns. And you can even listen to them in the store. :)
How long was it till they threw you outta there? :D

Hey, they set up the display. I just pushed the buttons.

gcurtis said:
Hey, don't mention my name or shop... I'll be busted for helping for sure. ;)

Let's make this happen for ya, John.
Too late. I already reported you. Ha.:kissyou:

Kyung

Back