• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Carnage list

macgyvr

NAXJA Member #120
NAXJA Member
What did ya break?

I broke more/did more damage this year than I have on a wheeling trip in a long time.

1. Twisted and bent my exhaust from the muffler back. Had to cut it off and put a turn down on it to be able to go anywhere on Saturday (thanks byron for bringing the sawzall)

2. Used the winch twice (only time it's been used, put it on before Moab), first time to pull me out, second time to pull k5matt out...burnt the motor up.

3. Lost a valve stem cap on my Jeep and on my trailer (if you saw the guy with the green cap, it came from my trailer).

mac 'has a list for NACfest' gyvr

Broke an axle shaft & took out the ball joints.

JIM

Didn't have to much damage this year. Just a bent winch fair lead mount, busted tail light, busted rear shock mount, and bent driver side main leaf spring.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Wednesday:
Froze brake on trailer and flattened a tire. Put spare on and came to WF.

Thursday:
Rear shock mount. Ran the rest of the weekend with just one shock.

Friday:
Bent something in the steering. Ran the rest of the weekend with the steering wheel off center.

Saturday:
Broke long side D30 shaft. Fixed it and didn't wheel any more in the rain

Sunday:
Truck was stuck in 2nd gear within 25 miles of home. Drove home and figured out it was blown fuse in the 4L80-E transmission

So all in all a good weekend

Wednesday:
Froze brake on trailer and flattened a tire. Put spare on and came to WF.

Thursday:
Rear shock mount. Ran the rest of the weekend with just one shock.

Friday:
Bent something in the steering. Ran the rest of the weekend with the steering wheel off center.

Saturday:
Broke long side D30 shaft. Fixed it and didn't wheel any more in the rain

Sunday:
Truck was stuck in 2nd gear within 25 miles of home. Drove home and figured out it was blown fuse in the 4L80-E transmission

So all in all a good weekend

Chuck

PM me your address so I can send you the parts you loaned me.

JIM

Bent tie rod, shot all the TREs in my steering, bent 2 wheel rims, track bar bushing shot, pitman arm wallowed out (exact same as Moab). Luckily it's all basic/easily fixed items. Next year I'll do some real damage

Sent from my SM-G955U1 using Tapatalk

Chuck

PM me your address so I can send you the parts you loaned me.

JIM

Gym I live at 254 E Hull St. Edgerton Ohio 43517. I really don't care about those ball joints. Especially since we didn't get em in the right way. What goes around comes around.

Gym I live at 254 E Hull St. Edgerton Ohio 43517. I really don't care about those ball joints. Especially since we didn't get em in the right way. What goes around comes around.

The bottom one went right in after a little sanding & some grease. New ones are boxed up & ready to ship.

JIM.

Back