• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Tinkham Snow Run *UPDATE*

IXNAYXJ

NAXJA Forum User
Last weekend Slacker87xj and I went up to Tinkham (site of our most recent snow run) to go shooting. We were hoping that the snow had melted enough to get to the shooting range 'cause Ian had 300 rounds of 5.56 to dispose of...I was happy to volunteer to help. Alas, the snow was still quite deep and sloppy...basically the consistency of mashed potatos.

So that was the end of the Tinkham portion of our day, but not before we pulled some Highschool kids and their mom's Outback out of the snow...that was fun!

We decided to go across the freeway and up the Denny Creek road where a small group of us from the last snow run went after lunch. As we mentioned in the after-action report, we found an old Ford truck buried in the snow, but never had a pic. Well, that's now solved. The pics kinda suck, but they're from my camera-phone. Enjoy!

From the 1st snow run, just playing:
1147128516.jpg

Random flex shot from Tinkham earlier in the year...just under the trestle:
1147129289.jpg

The stranded Ford:
1147128517.jpg

From a couple weekends ago:
1147124386.jpg

I decided to get in and noticed the dome light came on when the door opened. Emboldened, I tried to start it, and to my great surprise, it actually cranked and tried to catch! It only had a couple seconds of juice left, but even then I was shocked.

I'm betteing we've got another couple of months before the road the the shooting range is clear enough to pass. We'll keep you all informed of the conditions!

-----Matt-----

Since I just figured out how to download pics from my phone, I've got a bunch of random shots I'm anxious to show off...so here you go:

From a snow run across the Naches trail on November 14...the day before the trail closes for the winter:
1147129309.jpg

It was me, a buddy with a Samurai on 31s, locked front and back and a CJ running 33s and also locked up.
1147130132.jpg

The snow was pretty deep...up over the hubs.
1147130218.jpg

We were the only wheeled vehicles up there...the rest were snomobiles. Of course I did break a D30 axle shaft....
1147130539.jpg

with as much activitie as there was out there I can not believe that thing even cranked!!

How is the new long arms treating you?

Michael

2xtreme said:
with as much activitie as there was out there I can not believe that thing even cranked!!

How is the new long arms treating you?

Michael
Like I said, I was totally amazed it had ANY juice! I've got a little video on my phone of the turn signal blinking it's last few blinks before it died. :D

Re the TnTs: Still not attached. Getting kinda desperate to go wheeling, actually. I'm going through XJ withdrawls. :wierd:

-----Matt-----

Back