• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Trail Maintenance Info

Loose_Nuts_Enterprises

NAXJA Member
NAXJA Member
We need an idea who is coming for the maintenance. We will be meeting at the Big Bear Discover Center, and Leaving at 9:00AM sharp.

Items you can bring/need:

Gloves
Trash Bags
Loppers
shovel
digging bar
strong back
good attitude

these are just guidelines, feel free to improvise.

-Dan

Dan,

I'll be there, I will try my damdest to be there by 9 but I have a 4hr drive with my rig on a trailer. Is there a map you could post to show us how to get to the trail if we're a little late?

Aaron

Count me in. I will be coming up early Friday morning. I want to get there early enough to get the wife and kids settled a bit before hand.

Meeting Points, Maps, & Directions

Friday, trail maintenance:

We will be meeting at the Big Bear Ranger Station at 9.00. The Ranger station is just East of the Big Bear Discovery Center on Highway 38 (North Shore Drive) approximately one mile west of the Standfield cutoff.

Saturday & Sunday, fun stuff:
We will meet at 9.00 am at the Big Bear Discovery Center on Highway 38 (North Shore Drive) just over a mile West of the Standfield cutoff.

Saturday night dinner / raffle:
Serrano Campgrounds is on Highway 38 (North Shore Drive) just over a mile West of the Stanfield Cutoff.

Maps:
Serrano, Discovery Center, and Ranger Station:
Camp-Disc-Ranger.JPG

Overview:
Overview.JPG

If you are showing up on Friday after 9.00 you can go directly to 2N04 only if you feel comfortable doing so. I would encourage you to do this only if you are know the Big Bear area.

The turn off for 2N04 is approxmately 4.8 miles South East of the Big Bear City Limits on Highway 38, this turn off is very easy to miss. If you are coming closer to noon I would suggest going to 2N01 (the next turn off South East of 2N04) and then going down 2N04.

Map:
2N04.JPG

http://www.sequoia4x4.com/BigBear2006/2N04.JPG
Our primary CB channel for Friday will be 4, if that is unavailable we will be on 14.

GPS waypoints of interest:
2N04 & Hwy. 38 Junction: 34° 13.189'N 116° 45.472'W
2N04 & 2N01 Junction: 34° 13.385'N 116° 43.550'W
2N01 & Hwy. 38 Junction: 34° 12.444'N 116° 44.285'W
B.B. Discovery Center: 34° 15.772'N 116°54.359'W
B.B. Ranger Station: 34° 15.776'N 116° 54.055'W
Serrano Campgrounds: 34° 15.761'N 116° 54.557'W

Contrary to what I may have (probably did) stated earlier, I won't be able to leave the house and head up the hill Friday afternoon until 2:00. If I hit the highway on time I should be at 2N04 and Highway 38 at 2:45.

TIM

I will be there! I can not leave OC until 7:30. I have to drop my son off, then I will head up. I will try to make it the ranger station, if not, I will meet you guys on the trail.

See ya'll soon!

I am planning on being there,,,,,,,,,Don

How is the 38 as far as going up that way?
Since I will be coming from the dez and I have never been up
that direction before I would like to use the 38.
Any reason I shouldn't?
Also, I use a reciever hitch rack to haul my camping gear,
since I will be arriving before the 2pm check in time, will there
be a place to stash my stuff before then? (anyone checking in on Thursday or have an early check in time on Friday?)
Or, maybe a place on the 2N01 ??
Rick R:sunshine:

Rick,

Feel free to stash stuff in my space, double site 92/93.

I'll be up there tonight (late!), damn 88 took too long to prepare.

BTW- Driving without rear shocks kinda sucks.

Jump This said:
since I will be arriving before the 2pm check in time, will there
be a place to stash my stuff before then?
Ask them if they'd let you check in early. Especially if you're showing up for the trail maintenance, just tell them that you don't want to haul all the extra stuff with you and I don't think they will have a problem with that.

Back