• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Chapter run to Hollister Nov 5th

Bryan C.

NAXJA Forum User
NAXJA Member
Time again for a Chapter run to Hollister. The April run got changed at the last second due to Hollister being closed that weekend. I have consulted the Hollister Hills Off-Road Assn website and calender and the park appears to be open the weekend of November 5th. I will be confirming this date with the park rangers as soon as possible and will check back regularly.

I hope to make this run less formal than the last, please bring your own lunch. We will stop and eat luch as a group at some point in the day. The run is open to all NAXJA members and non-members. All vehicle types will be allowed on this run as well. All skill levels are invited too, we will have both easy and more difficult trail runs availble to everyone who comes out.

Map of the park.
hollister2_01.gif

hollister2_02.gif

hollister2_03.gif

hollister2_04.gif

Here are some links for Hollister Hills.

This is the official state page.
http://ohv.parks.ca.gov/default.asp?page_id=1179

Map of general area.
http://ohv.parks.ca.gov/default.asp?page_id=1182

Hollister Hills Off-Road Assn. (park closure calender)
http://www.hollisterhills.com/

Group shot from our last chapter run to Hollister Hills.
picture.JPG

Hope to see you on the trail!

BC

I would be willing to go. Lets see if I can make it happen. Havent gone wheeling in a couple months :sad:

Blast!! I checked my calender and I have to do SATs that weekend. Maybe I can do a run next year.

sweet! i havnt done anything with and guys from this site before even though im on here weekly. i am for sure down to go. ive got a cherokee chopped top mini cage, 6 inch lift and some other goodies and would love to bring my other xj budds with theirs too. so count three truck to go in reply. thank you for planning this event.

i want to sleep in my rig again sssoooo it might be an over nighter for me.

I am a maybe for this run. I really do want to go, just depends on funding right then. Pleant as of now, but you know how that goes.

I have to get my hands on another unbent LCA and look at my midterm schedule. I know I've got one on Monday the 7th, but it's not an engineering class.

If I get another LCA installed and I can get out of town, I'm there.

Phil said:
I have to get my hands on another unbent LCA and look at my midterm schedule. I know I've got one on Monday the 7th, but it's not an engineering class.

If I get another LCA installed and I can get out of town, I'm there.
you should drive over to RE (borrow someone's car); there's a decent chance they'll give ya a new one if you show up in person and they can see that you've been wheelin it.

ill be there mang.

Glad to see such a good response so far.

Just a few pictures from past Hollister runs to wet your appetites........

Kernel winching Letterman out of the creek trail.
standard.jpg

Laying out a smokescreen.
standard.jpg

Kernel flexing it up
standard.jpg

DJXJ getting a little help
standard.jpg

Never know what you will see there.

My buddy flopped his TJ.
standard.jpg

This guy thought he would take the family out in his Lexus.
standard.jpg

standard.jpg

My 14yr old neice driving my junk.
standard.jpg

SharkXJ, back in his TJ days, showing off his new coil spring.
standard.jpg

Bryan C. said:
Never know what you will see there.

This guy thought he would take the family out in his Lexus.
standard.jpg

standard.jpg

Factory dual selectable lockers can get you in alot of trouble :D

kr7o said:
Holister carnage never ceases to amaze me. Are the trails that challenging or are people taking silly lines because the trail appears benign?

Bad things happen when you stop paying attention. Doesn't matter how hard or easy the trail is.

Back