• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

MORE SNOW!!!

jforse

NAXJA Forum User
Just had a storm on Saturday that left a little over 12" and now we are getting more. Weather man says up to 10". Which means we will probably get more because of the Lake effect.
December42007Snow.jpg

I am so jealous.... it's barely rained where I am. it doesn't feel like winter at all, with the average temperature around 60 or so. it's gonna be so long before any slopes open around here...

Nice shot.....

How do the BFG's do in the snow? Havent had a good snow storm in over 3 years down here. The winter I bought my Jeep was the beginning of our snowless streak....go figure!

I want snow. Wouldn't mind getting some new tires first though.

99XJSPORT06 said:
Nice shot.....

How do the BFG's do in the snow? Havent had a good snow storm in over 3 years down here. The winter I bought my Jeep was the beginning of our snowless streak....go figure!

The BFGs are great in the snow!

jforse said:

Hopefully i'll get to try them out this year! The half of an inch we got last year wasn't anywhere near enough (and I didn't have the bfg's yet)

99XJSPORT06 said:
Hopefully i'll get to try them out this year! The half of an inch we got last year wasn't anywhere near enough (and I didn't have the bfg's yet)

If you do manage to find snow in our area please do tell me!

jforse said:

x2 My BFG ATs (both sets) were the best snow tires I ever owned

hey don't leave me out, we a few inches of snow , than all ice on top of it. Good news my 4wd works now. Don't ask, but when you replace a transfer case chain & have a snap ring left over, there is going to be something really focking wrong. Don't ask me how I know.

lowrange2 said:
If you do manage to find snow in our area please do tell me!

It snowed on wednesday! It was only for 5 minutes, and very light, but still snow none the less.....and sadly, thats almost more snow than we've had in the last 3 years!

We got our first coating of snow on Wedensday am, about an inch, but thats a start. Yesterday we had a unforcasted freezing rain event that caused severe black ice and a few hundred accidents in our town including a couple of deaths.

It would be nice to own a body shop right now!

we've had atleast 3 good snowfalls here so far.
total of about 15" I guess that has stuck around.

x3 on the BFG AT's, KICK ASH! before my rad hose blew, I was breakin trail in 12" of snow out to a hunting spot for about 30 minutes. The 33x10.5 AT's plowed right through it all and pulled like SOB's On the road, I fish tail less and stop much better, hiway speeds are much nicer aswell, no being pulled into deeper stuff, the thinner tire cuts through.

Bring on the snow, supposed to be a good year for it, loving it.

I'm jealous.

:badpc: <<< Me looking at the weather forecast for the NC mountains everytime they pull the "snow" from the forecast.

Back