• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

next snow-run?

sharpie1k

NAXJA Forum User
I really want to go on one this winter, would have gone this last weekend, but I was previously engaged in Hollister, which didn't turn out well anyway(long story, girlfriend's grandmother died, had to leave early).

Anyone want to make a run in Feb sometime (just not the weekend of the 10-11, I have birthday plans.

If we could organize a moderate level run too, I am on 32's for now :( (35's sometime this year, methinks)

I plan to go back up Bald at the end of Feburary, you are more than welcome to come. Planning on camping up there if it isnt too cold.

If i get my 4wd working again i'd like to make the run too. I had a blast this weekend even riding as a passenger.

I might beable to swing a feb snow trip. I am out of wheelin the desert the rest of the season, so snow sounds fun.

Just need a rim....

How about the feb 24? I think that is a saturday.

Just talked to the Mrs., and she said that I have plans that weekend (what these plans are ????). So how about March 3rd and possibly camp until the 4th, weather depending of course. Big enough fire and we'll be warm.

ccflexj said:
or two...
Nah, going to rotate the bad one(s) to the back. I am SMRT.

Ben.. March huh?

Camping? I will be in a juggy. No way in hell i am going to freeze all day, then freeze at night. Maybe a cabin? If its small enough group, we can get Corey in on it and use his killer place.

Scrappy said:
Ben.. March huh?

Camping? I will be in a juggy. No way in hell i am going to freeze all day, then freeze at night. Maybe a cabin? If its small enough group, we can get Corey in on it and use his killer place.

Well the way I see it, there are only 28 days in Feburary, so if you do the math the 3rd of March is kinda Feburaryish.:twak:

Ben H said:
Just talked to the Mrs., and she said that I have plans that weekend (what these plans are ????). So how about March 3rd and possibly camp until the 4th, weather depending of course. Big enough fire and we'll be warm.

looks like I have a dealine to have my steering fixed - so Phil can take his turn as an OBT :D

Dedenbear - hear I come! :D

id be in for another run

i need to start bugging people and gear my gears in for once the 3rd hopefully will give me time

if i dont slack off and not do it

alright, looks like i'm going to back out on this. I will be going to Moab at the end of april and just want to concentrate on saving up money and getting my jeep to top notch. Have fun tho, i'll catch another run with you guys.

I plan on hitting Blue Canyon March 2 Friday afternoon, and setting up camp at the granite dome behind the rock qaury in Blue Canyon. Then wheel around there for a while and have a stupid good time. Saturday, hit up Bald Mnt. and camp again at Blue Canyon Saturday night. I will have a huge fire, cheap beer, and really cheap food. I would like to do what ever I or everyone wants, with no expectations for anything at all.

Weather permitting of course.
Come if you want.

isn't there an OHV just past blue canyon on 80? it's supposedly just off the freeway. dunno.

assuming this is the same blue canyon :looney:

sharpie1k said:
isn't there an OHV just past blue canyon on 80? it's supposedly just off the freeway. dunno.

assuming this is the same blue canyon :looney:

Nope, different place.

sharpie1k said:

You may be thinking of the area right past blue canyon around Emigrant Gap. Its typically where they run for winter fun fest. If it ever friggin snows, Im planning on running up there to check it out.

-justin

I am still going. Is anyone still interested? Looks like a lot of snow by then. I went up to bald mountain last weekend and had a blast. Lots of fresh powder to mess around in, and I only got myself stuck a few times. There is a lot more snow than there was on Jan 13, so expect some good wheeling.

If it is not raining on the 2nd and 3rd, I am definately camping at Blue Canyon Fri and Sat, which wont be as cold as up in the mountains.

Some pics of Blue Canyon:
April112004034.jpg

April112004033.jpg

Same time of the year as the picture below at bald.

April22004021.jpg

Back