• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Trip reports?????? Carnage list????????? WE NEED TO KNOW

jdxj

NAXJA Forum User
Come on post some stuff for those of us that couldn't go to have dreams about and be jealous
of.

Coil, exhaust, header panel. By the way does anybody have a chilly pepper red header panel that will fit a 99?

Finally found my camera today, packing up in a rainstorm isn't fun.

Carnage:
Ira-rear leaf bushing, broken rear leaf
Flores-ignition switch, rear brake cylinder
J9-front tire, coil spring
Ken-as stated

Me-NOTHING!!
Led/Tundra-Nothing!!
Brian-Nothing!
and Brian-Nothing!

More to come.

I actually wheeled three days in a row. Weird, I know. :flipoff smiley:

First pic is of the two story Hilton. The new awning created out of all salvaged parts didn't last through the first night. The wind ate it. Should have added that to the carnage report, along with the second easy up I had.

Sunset the first night

The first day we ran Mt. Princeton. I finally found the trail on the third try with the help of Led's smart phone. I had only been there twice before in the last 14 years. :)

As our president noted there are no obstacles, but passing on the trail is not easy, and the trail was busier than any previous time I had been on it.

At the top, the Chalet.

The mountain

Next day, we started to run Mt. Antero, per Ira's request. On the way up we got reports that the trail to the summit was washed out, so we went up the Baldwin Lakes trail. The book and the signs imply that you can drive to the lakes. WRONG!! Led took the lead, and took us to a very interesting spot. We were going up a shelf road, narrow, and steep enough at the switchback to require a couple of tries on my part. Trish was spotting Led's outer edge on the shelf road while Led was hanging out his window. We came to here.

This was the end of the road.

We got Led backed up on a lower shelf road. I think it was about a 10 point turn. El Presidente joined me at the mine diggings, and everyone else backed and filled onto the lower road. Of course, the pics don't show the real pucker involved.

Back at camp, a good time was had by all.

Led with a new audience.

The next day, we ran Chinaman's. I managed to take no pictures. I will report that Mr. Flores made it through the hard line of the rock pile, and then walked a dug out, muddy whale's tail(I know the name's wrong). Double whammy was impossible due to mud. We left the trial in a pouring rain, making the exit interesting, and that's where Janine split a front tire. At the bottom, the broken front coil was noticed.

Thursday Wheeler was run, Zac has a nice picture of the cutthroat trout he caught at the lake, I'll have to see if I can get it. No carnage, except for Ken, 15 minutes from the camp.

Friday, I'm not sure what people did, I was busy.

Saturday, we watched buggies run Carnage. Then it rained. We ate dinner, and then it rained until we left Sunday morning.

The end.

I didn't break anything because I barely had time to wheel, but it was fun watching the mess on Carnage. :)

The other Brian and I went down to Iron Chest after that (the Set Them Free group was JUST getting off Iron Chest so we at least new it was clear) and ran up that quickly. Smooth easy run with nothing to report. Trail seemed easier than the last time I ran it... the rock garden was much shorter and less rough.

It was a whirl-wind weekend trip for me so I didn't even bring a camera, sorry! Even if we don't have great trip reports or pictures I feel like we should still have a "what we learned at CO Fest"...

Good photos Fred. Now I'm pissed that I missed it.

Back