• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

One day I'd like to move.

drifto77

NAXJA Forum User
So heres the deal... One day I would like to move away from North Texas.
I was kinda thinking along the lines of Colorado, New Mexico, Arizona, or Nevada. But Iam open to most anywhere except Texas. I grew up in San Diego California (Spring Valley).
I would prefere somewhere with a population of around 40,000 or less and even more ... would like somewhere on the outskirts of somewhere like that.
Montrose, Colorado would be SWEET.
So.. Tell me a little about what you like/dislike about where you live.
Post a link if you can find one if thats all you want to do, that would work too.
Like this one... http://www.montrose-colo.com/stats/stats.htm

Thanks
cool.gif

Vermont is nice. People aren't too uptight. Lots of green. Clean air and water. Loathsome weather helps fight boredom and contributes to strength of character. Wheeling compromised by lack of accessible rock formations but mitigated by an abundance of mud. If you need a job you'd better bring your own, but if you're poor you get free health care. Safest state in the union, and no gun control. Cheap used cars.

lived in savannah ga, that place sucked/armpit dead-end of the south eastern seaboard////

currently live in detroit Michigan, love the weather and the terrain wouldn't mind moving north and into more open(edit: number of people, wise) type areas, cities are driving me nuts. not enough green...

WTM to the timberlands of Montana off a river someday, mountains and offroading just seem to go hand in hand and lotsa wide open treed cheap land...hehehehe

drifto77 said:
So heres the deal... One day I would like to move away from North Texas.
I was kinda thinking along the lines of Colorado
Sorry, this state is full. Please take a number and call back again next decade. Thank you for your time, and may we recommend you check out California? That place HAS to be empty by now...

Yucca-Man said:
Sorry, this state is full. Please take a number and call back again next decade. Thank you for your time, and may we recommend you check out California? That place HAS to be empty by now...

Want to hog it all to yourself do you?
Dont blame you one bit. ;)
You seen this yet?
http://www.mycolorado.org/
Check it out, the guy that has the site, Darren , LOVES to show off his state.
He helped me plan my trip last year.
If you check it out, sign his guest book and tell him I sent ya.
icon14.gif

Yucca-Man said:
FIND SOME NEW MATERIAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh. Well....if it's Hinkley's fault, that's good enough for me. :D

Yucca-Man said:
Find some new icons!
happyfinger.gif

I'd like to thank you for making me spit Dr Pepper all over of computer screen and desk. That was one of the funniest posts i've seen in a long time....lol.

Yucca-Man said:

X2

The whole "no more Texans" or "Don't Californicate Colorado" thing has been around for awhile, but it's gotten to the point where this Denver native has almost had enough of Denver. I remember when rush-hour was an hour in the AM, and an hour in the PM. I remember when going to a "remote" Forest Service campground (even on a weekend) gave you as much isolation as backpacking into the wilderness. I remember when C-470 wasn't needed since East-East-LA aka Highlands Ranch was actually a ranch. I remember when nobody pronounced Buena Vista, Del Norte, or San Luis with the correct Spanish pronunciation. I remember when the idea of a toll-road (pay to drive? damn commie!) or a 12 lane super-highway would've been laughed at - "what, you want this place looking like LA?"

The sad thing is, I'm only 28. Oh well, :rattle: things change I suppose. Sorry for the rant - but I'll always hate Highlands Ranch, :laugh3:

Edit: My favorite thing is when a person who moved here 7 years ago refers to themselves as "almost native" and complains about all the awful traffic and urban sprawl. :wierd:

Last edited:
ColoCherokees said:
Edit: My favorite thing is when a person who moved here 7 years ago refers to themselves as "almost native" and complains about all the awful traffic and urban sprawl. :wierd:

Same thing happens in Flagstaff. We get politicians in office that have only been in town 5 years and they think they know what is best for Flagstaff.

Or then there is a woman out in an area called Parks. She just moved here a few years ago from Cali, and she is trying to get the county to relocate the train tracks because of the noise. Um.....did the tracks magically apepar overnight?!?

Fergie

PS- I remember when Flagstaff didnt have a Wal-Mart, and when my parents place was "west of town."

ColoCherokees said:
X2

The whole "no more Texans" or "Don't Californicate Colorado" thing has been around for awhile, but it's gotten to the point where this Denver native has almost had enough of Denver. I remember when rush-hour was an hour in the AM, and an hour in the PM.

I can understand the first 2 comments. ;) I was that way growing up in southern California.( san diego ) As for the second one... Thats why I think Montrose would be SOOOOOOOO sweet !

Kinda thought this thread would bring in a lot of "my states better than your's" comment's.
icon10.gif

ColoCherokees said:
X2

The whole "no more Texans" or "Don't Californicate Colorado" thing has been around for awhile,

A while is an understatement.. I believe my parents heard the same statements when they were coming here in the early 70's late 60's from Texas out skiing. First it was no more texans.. then it was no more californians.. now it's just everyone go away.... we've been here since 89 and I still consider myself a transplanted texan..

I plan to get myself established career wise and start exploring.. Colorado is cool but I'd like to check out the Pac NW.. I've always had a soft spot for Seattle.. Although I hear the tech job market is in the crapper.

Back