• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

April 27 & 28 2019 Workdays

Bent

Only Marble Sharp
NAXJA Member
Details to follow but I'd like to get some fiberglass posts with trail difficulty on bypasses on 2N47.

2N47 is green sticker. No excuses.

Last edited:
I'm going to see if I can get up on 2N49 and check on the status of that downed tree.

Saturday April 27th

Time: 9:30 AM.

Meeting location is the trailhead of 2N47 at the Cleghorn Road exit on the I-215.
We will be doing a quick once over of the trail and then be heading up the back side of 2N49. On 2N49 we will be looking for fallen rocks or trees that may be on the trail. We will clear those that we are able to.

Activities for Sunday are dependant upon participation/ turnout. If you plan on attending on Sunday please post up.

Anyone planning on camping Saturday night please post up; likely dry camping on 2N47 (No fire).

Boots, hat and sunscreen recommended.

Reach extenders will be helpful if you have them as well as a battery powered reciprocating saw. I'll have a few green wood blades on hand.

NOTICE: This is the beginning of Rattlesnake season.

Did anyone ever make it back up to 2N49? Was thinking about taking a trip on Saturday but wasn’t sure if that downed tree was still blocking the trail?

Dave

We didn't make it. At the AAT quarterly meeting they said that they would be clearing trees based on the category of trail. 2N49 is in the category at the top of the list.

Thanks for the info. I guess we'll give it a shot and see if they got to it yet.

Dave

Yeah unfortunately my little passenger was throwing up in his car seat so we cut the trip short. Please let us know if you run it. I'd join in Saturday but my work has me scheduled for OT.

We made it up there Saturday and the tree was already cleared.

Dave

Thanks Dave.

Back