• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Flow of things...at Winterfest.

macgyvr

NAXJA Member #120
NAXJA Member
If there's one thing I hate going to an event, it's that I don't know where to go at an event. So let's fix that.

If you are new to Winterfest this post will be informative. If you are coming back for another year, THERE ARE A COUPLE OF CHANGES TO TAKE NOTE OF.

When you arrived at the Badlands you must check in at the main office. THE MAIN OFFICE HAS MOVED. It is now down the road towards the entrance to the park, past the campground entrance, where the old old office used to be, is the new office. It's the building that has been under construction for two years and we have been doing tech in front of it. We will be doing registration in this building Friday and Saturday morning, along with you paying your fees to the badlands. You'll see us at our table and we'll have your packets. Layout wise, I don't know if you will pay the Badlands riding fees or check in with us first. We are going to try to be ready for you at 830am both morning.

Before 5pm you can also check into the campground, rental houses and villas in this same office.

If you arrived after 5pm and you are camping or renting a cabin or villa, you will have to check in at the campground office in front of the campground. You can complete the campground paperwork online and return it prior to arrival for faster checking for camping, they are sending an email out this week for those staying on-site. If you are camping and you haven't make a reservation, please call and make one, so you know what site you are on.

After registering and paying up, you'll go down the road and check in with the Badlands employee at the gate. He will check you for being paid and make sure you left your alcohol at the campground/hotel/villa/cabin.

Then you will drive straight. The road goes down a hill. The tech inspectors will be here as you start to go down the hill. Please stop and let them make sure you're good to go. They have a quick list (Hint: It's the same list in this forum for required equipment). Please no gas tanks strapped to the passenger's seat.

Please note: If there is an issue with tech, the inspectors will tell you how to fix it. The tech inspectors have the final say, except they can have you appeal to either myself or Byron (IllianaXJ) who is the trail master for the event.

After tech continue down the hill to the lower parking lot. There we will be lining you up with trail leaders for the easy, medium, hard, and I'm stupid trails.

There will be flags noting which trail is which, we will also have people there to direct you.

After a driver's meeting, we will hit the trails.

Let me know if you have any questions, or post in this thread.

I can be reached at Villa #7, by email: [email protected] or you can text or call me 260-four oh two-3387. Text first before calling is preferred or leave a voicemail and I'll return it asap if I miss it.

mac 'the more you know' gyvr

Back