• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What do you need to get done before WF

Jeepguy91

NAXJA Member
NAXJA Member
I know we all have stuff to get done before WF 2020 gets here. I just have a small list this year.

Install new leaf springs
Rebuild rear shocks and build custom mounts thru the floor for them
Fix gas tank leak when jeep stands on end
Spare tire mount
Check fluids
Lengthen front arms just a touch
Mount OBA tank
Adjust t-case linkage
Fix steering

Weld bead locks
Mount 35s
Make new spare tire mount
Build tool/cargo shelf
Fix roof leaks/cut out carpet
Rear stiffeners
New front shock mounts
New rear shocks and mounts
Rebuild new spare axle shafts.
Work on trailer

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Pull both axles to have them regeared to 4.88. ARB going in the rear along with new shock mounts, and hopefully disk brakes. Front is getting an Artec truss, inner C gussets, and lower control arm mounts. If I get far enough it's also getting WJ knuckles, cross over steering, OTA tracker, and IRON4x4 Fab long arms. If I have the money I'll then go to 35s with at the least chromoly shafts, of possibly RCVs. Also need to wire up the light bars I put on it, and do its yearly fluid changes.

Nut and bolt suspension
Replace positive battery cable
Fix what breaks before then

Put gas in LJ...

Put gas in JT...

mac 'at least as of right now' gyvr

First decide on one

a319db7d92a35d8349ce9dbf694178ff.jpg

Do I want to wheel easy stuff and just hang out and have a ball, or do I want to do some hard stuff and have a ball?
If I decide to do easy stuff and bring the small one I need front and rear recovery points, better tires, and at least a front locker. I prolly should protect the rockers too.
If I wanna do really hard cool stuff I need at minimum to fix the rear end in the big one. Would be nice to fix the rockers and front doors.

Sent from my VS500PP using Tapatalk

Last edited:
First decide on one

a319db7d92a35d8349ce9dbf694178ff.jpg

Do I want to wheel easy stuff and just hang out and have a ball, or do I want to do some hard stuff and have a ball?
If I decide to do easy stuff and bring the small one I need front and rear recovery points, better tires, and at least a front locker. I prolly should protect the rockers too.
If I wanna do really hard cool stuff I need at minimum to fix the rear end in the big one. Would be nice to fix the rockers and front doors.

Sent from my VS500PP using Tapatalk

Sounds like you need a trailer and tow rig big enough for both.....add that to the list.

The LJ just started blowing antifreeze everywhere...

mac 'so there's the list' gyvr

Install hard top
Install doors
Finish painting interior
Figure out how to stay warm in the jeep

Camper needs prepping

Oh man....

Top off the tank in the Honda in case the following goes to flames...

1. Install IRO lower control arms - done
2. Change oil - done
3. Order zip ties for radiator replacement and reattachment of trans cooler - done
4. Replace radiator and flush
5. Replace transmission lines from trans to radiator and aftermarket cooler
6. Confirm mechanical fan bearing is bad, get a part on the way - All good but added number 12 to this list - DONE
7. Battery hold down nuts for the bracket - done
8. Get a visual of the diff fluids - change if it appears there is water.
9. Check for fluid in the t-case
10. Refill fire extinguisher
11. Harmonic Balancer replacement
12. New power steering pump - DONE

Last edited:
Put gas in it & load it on the trailer.

JIM.

Well I just cut the exhaust I hacked together so now it needs some form of exhaust. I'd like to install the front locker I've had since like 2015 that I always put off. Other than that I'm gonna drive it this year so I don't forget gas again.

The jeep is at the muffler shop right now. Locker finished up and I installed, and removed a track bar bracket. With it on the track bar hit the tie rod and I had almost no turning radius. New plate sticker and a full tank of gas. Damn near 400 bucks just to hang out in a wet cold quarry without ****ers!

Back