• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Wheelin in the Country?

ZachMan

NAXJA Forum User
NAXJA Memorial Lifetime Member
Anyone been here? (In Tenn.)

I saw it on Trucks awhile back and seems awsome. I looked on the website at their rates and cabin rentals are very cheap. I think I may plan a trip.....

Yeah, it's a pretty nice place to ride. Something to appeal to almost all level of vehicle build-up. The more "extreme" obstacles favor big tires and big horespower, but there are "chicken routes" you can take to bypass most, if not all of these obstacles. Plus they usually offer a pretty good vantage point to watch the action. There's also a mud pit if you're into that kind of thing.

I've mainly been there as a passenger / spotter for my cousin in his EB, but I did take my 1-ton K5 up there a few times before I sold it. (Currently looking for an XJ / ZJ to get the wife to come along on the trails.) The obstacles there tend to favor the narrow and / or long rigs. Short and wide rigs, like my K5 do alright on some, but typically not too well. (I don't think I had a straight panel left after my last trip there on New Years.) It's also beneficial if you have a convertible on some of the obstacles as well ("The Tunnel" comes to mind.)

Holiday weekends get pretty crowded, but not too terrible. Other than that, the biggest drawback is watching out for people on 4-wheelers and motorcycles. They can be rather sketchy acting on the trails at times.

Back