• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Weekend is over...what did you get done?

I think it was a 1995, Mark.

I also confirmed that all my bulbs were dead in the XK on the climate control panel. They are all soldered on, and I couldn't get them soldered back on once I replaced them. I guess I may just take it to a computer repair place - somewhere they work on circuit boards and have them solder them in.

Got the rest of my rust remediated on the XJ today and put down the Herculiner. Got all the seats installed except the driver's seat, where the last of the coating needs to dry. Then when I put in the center console in, she'll be ready to go to the LBL Clean up day in April.

More excitingly, I pulled the cover off the ZJ, my very first Jeep, and put a battery in it. Now, this Jeep has been off the road since I bought the XK in 2017. I put a charter on it and she fired right up! I drove it up and down the driveway a bit and parked it.

Once the XJ is "done" I'll park it outside and pull the ZJ in. I'll do a complete fluid change, brakes, and look it over well. Hopefully I can have it back on the road before the end of the year. We'll see. It's not a high priority.

Installed what I believe is a first generation Aj off-road tanker bumper. Got a decent deal on it used. A little disappointed with fitment but I'm just an anal person I guess 🤣.
On a side note is anyone in the chapter attending the gambler 500 next weekend in Crossville?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I’m gonna go and try to rescue the ole red Jeep from my son. He had been driving it the past couple years and now he says it won’t start. It’s been sitting for a month I guess and now has a flat tire. I hope it’s something simple.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I started my 1988 XJ for the first time in about 2 years (maybe more) and pulled it out of the shop so we could install some new LED bulbs.

The XJ ran flawless after boosting it and idled away. It never got hot and held great oil pressure. The trans does stick a bit when trying reverse. It’s like it’s in neutral. Solenoid sticking?

ebbe6902e4943dcf56cc069048f31c65.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Glenn's MJ did that at first. It eventually fixed it's self.

Acquired another xj I used to own, to be used as a trail rig, to avoid further damage to the white one I have.
The trail beater runs great, but is one rusty POS.
It has some upgrades including 33's and a front locker. Looking forward to wheeling without remorse for damaging good sheetmetal, which this jeep no longer has. Between rust and tree damage, it makes a perfect trail toy.
I also picked up a winch and some frame stiffeners to keep it together.

I ended up buying a whole used center stack for the XK. It was way easier than trying to find someone to solder on a circuit board. Much better to drive at night now.

Gonna take the XK on a 1100 mile road trip this weekend. We'll see how she does. Hoping for at least 14 mpg!

I paid $1.59 for gas last night in east central Mississippi. By the time I was 30 minutes south of Nashville I never saw gas over $2.00. I could get used to those prices again!

Does anybody know where to get manual window regulators for an xj? I think they're the same for 2 or 4 door, but the ones on my trail pig are pretty shot.
I dont mind used, as long as they are good, but I don't think I'll get any junkyard time for a while..

does Rockauto carry them?

Not that I could find, they only have the electric ones.
I found some on Ebay at a decent price, but have been notified by my wife not to spend any money, as I've been temporarily laid off from work, so money will be tight for a bit. Maybe I'll work on making the doors removable instead, lol

I'm a little afraid to wheel this one without doors before welding in a cage and frame stiffys. She's a rusty pig from Pennsylvania, with no rockers left and a couple of spots where the subframe needs to be cut out and replaced with plate steel.
It does great, though, locked front and rear on 33's and lower gears.

I wouldn't think the doors added much if any structural integrity. The only difference I can feel is the weight. My 2 door 96 doors are heavy ...

Removable doors are a must.... Plus only
an hour job!

Have a rock come in and you will rethink that... I'll never go doorless. Half door or tube door yes.

Been laid off from work for 2 weeks now.
Got tons of projects done, and been taking my kid out jeepin for a couple of hours every day. I guess this is the closest thing to retirement I'll ever see, so I might as well take advantage!

The Lexan I ordered for the XJ was supposed to be here on Friday, but it got delayed and won't be shipped until this Friday. I have some foam board so I will start to make a template for the windshield.

Back