• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Eagle Rock

freestyle81

NAXJA Forum User
Quick Eagle Rock trip this morning 8-17. Been about 10 years since I've been there, the area is just downright destroyed. Lots of trash and shooting areas, it's very disappointing.

Trail is much more difficult that I remember, washed out and very rocky. Lots of bypasses have been created, it's hard to tell when the actual trail is anymore.

Not many pics but a couple.

Only issues I ran into was Jeep shut off and wouldn't start until it cooled down. Wasn't running hot, just past the 210 marker. I've replaced the water pump, fan clutch and thermostat, picked up a CPS on my way home to see it solves the problem.

Onto the pics;

34493b90795f13de87f87b9d682250cd.jpg

f47a7d133dd5712b686c3101186ed416.jpg

5775f4f1e2aec7daa4ad1f4360bcc19f.jpg

44d734d3706236db2322e408d3af8e33.jpg

e86b32de4ee9fdea61d339523aaa9982.jpg

4a243a6070b2f86e7413efa6bc907acb.jpg

e58d4161fe165c0744e7d3bdfe1d115d.jpg

c86f40571e6a32f059efad7192b40b69.jpg

33be04b26fe1c175d3e723aa0c81721c.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sweet pics!!!

051eb81fe6a01f8682a239421c22dca4.jpg

Coil was set free on one of the obstacles LOL.

My last Jeep was a TJ, I'm absolutely in love with how stable the XJ's are.

Nice pics, I always liked that trail. I haven't hit it in years myself, not since I still had my YJ.

It's a real shame how trashed the area is now.

This sucks to hear. I've never even ran this trail but it reminds me of the old Boulder Carnage. I was BUMMED when I figured out that had closed due to people being slobs.

I am half tempted when I get my XJ up and running to rally some people to do some trail cleanups and I would certainly include a trip down here. It's "close to town", correct? That was the problem with Carnage Boulder.

This sucks to hear. I've never even ran this trail but it reminds me of the old Boulder Carnage. I was BUMMED when I figured out that had closed due to people being slobs.

I am half tempted when I get my XJ up and running to rally some people to do some trail cleanups and I would certainly include a trip down here. It's "close to town", correct? That was the problem with Carnage Boulder.

It'd be a ruthless job. Most of it is basically clear cut from people using trees for target practice. Shells and crap from people shooting everywhere. Might as well come up with a dump truck and a loader.

It is close to town, but the area is so big and so trashed it would be a HUGE job.

It's almost a lost cause. FS in the area doesn't care to help or offer place to dump. It's almost as if they want it bad enough to shut it down ......

Ya think? I have to say the forest service guys we worked with on Saxon Mt. were great.

When I bought it he said all the armor, flares, tire carrier and front bumper were poison spyder. Not sure if that's correct or not.

I personally built that bumper and tire carrier right before a Moab trip. Poison spider did not built parts like that for cherokees.

It's almost a lost cause. FS in the area doesn't care to help or offer place to dump. It's almost as if they want it bad enough to shut it down ......

:doh:

Back