• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

99 co chili pepper red stolen

1-tonxj

NAXJA Member
NAXJA Member
Just tagged and insured the XJ and it was stolen off the employee parking lot of navajo express off 64th and Pecos... they really don't take care of us well when it comes to parking here it's pretty much a cone and grab it

Jesus.

What's the tag #?

This is 100% why I'll be installing a fuel kill switch in the 2001.

I'll probably do the same for the F-350.

I'm at the yard have not had it long enough to know my tag without it in front of me ...lol...i had to call esurance and get the vin to file the report . Should have got full coverage..

That blows!

If you at least have comprehensive it will be covered.

This is my worst fear of owning a XJ, I have a viper alarm with ignition kill I hope that stops them!!

That sucks about the theft George! Cross posted to the facebook page.

What sucks most is the lot the company provides the drivers to park while gone for days that is completely unsecured...and they don't want even be helpful looking at their video .

I Should have just taken the ECM with me since I had no time to theft proof and it's only 3 small bolts and 3 quick discos to pull it then it's not driveable with anithe ecu ...lol...unlikely in a thieves pocket.

What sucks most is the lot the company provides the drivers to park while gone for days that is completely unsecured...and they don't want even be helpful looking at their video.
That blows! That makes me wonder if other thefts have occured in that lot.

I will be picking up a new xj ... and my side project will be installing Two cheap Phones fabbed into a hidden non removable location without cutting tools on hand and the phones tapped into a constant 12v charging source...find my phone will find a car... This will be my side hobby now ...lol...I will put comp on the vehicle just in case I lose the game. But thieves are stupid and they will not expect this to come from this old car ...lol...I will park on weekends as a fishing hobby .

Well crap, George. That didn't last long.

Lol...no shitter. I really should have considered the area 64th and Pecos... and most employees at Navajo not working the trucklot across from the office admin Building where us drivers park our cars happen to be either in a halfway house or have been and for drugs and theft the day I found my jeep gone one of these stellar folks was telling me how tilt steering make stealing a jeep even easier and how a key coded key like my dodge is gotten around by simply popping out the piece around the key and it can be taken quickly as he said anything 2010 and older is no issue as he's done it many times...2010 model is only 8 yrs ago so his past is no that long ago and then you have the guys still in halfway Klink and they have friends , so long story short I should have just pulled the Computer and taken it with me it's 3 minutes tops to pull and put back....lol...but I they have my attention now and are now going to be part of my leisurely fun time ... next commuter will be modified to also be a bait car I can track .

I will be picking up a new xj ... and my side project will be installing Two cheap Phones fabbed into a hidden non removable location without cutting tools on hand and the phones tapped into a constant 12v charging source...find my phone will find a car... This will be my side hobby now ...lol...I will put comp on the vehicle just in case I lose the game. But thieves are stupid and they will not expect this to come from this old car ...lol...I will park on weekends as a fishing hobby .

I've been thinking about a GPS tracker in case of theft. This one is $72 purchase and $70 a year for service. It plugs into the OBD2 port.....which means its easy to remove as well, so for theft reasons I might add a hardwired, hidden, odbii port just for this thing.

Anyone have any other alternatives out there? I don't mind the upfront cost but others I can find charge $20 a month which adds up quick, especially across multiple vehicles.

https://www.amazon.com/Vyncs-Connect...V4WSDERWE0#Ask

http://www.vyncs.com/

Found my gps hooks for project bait car . I also am setting up my crawler with a GPS tracker for cheap insurance I get rid of it when I'm ready not before . The bait car is going to be a fun experiment I'm reasonably sure I will eventually catch a person and net them a felony it may take a year but it will be sweet to know I did that to a low life .

Sorry to hear about your stolen XJ, mine was stolen last year from an RTD lot on Hampden. It was found about 2 weeks later at the Flat Irons mall. Luckily it wasn't too damaged, a new steering column from the jy and it was back to derivable.

I pulled a switch bezel from an XJ with factory fog lights and wired in a switch to a time delay relay. Now you get in, hit the switch and it runs power to the ignition switch for 30 sec. Outside of that 30 sec window the jeep won't start, everything else works as it should and it looks factory.

Sorry to hear about your stolen XJ, mine was stolen last year from an RTD lot on Hampden. It was found about 2 weeks later at the Flat Irons mall. Luckily it wasn't too damaged, a new steering column from the jy and it was back to derivable.

I pulled a switch bezel from an XJ with factory fog lights and wired in a switch to a time delay relay. Now you get in, hit the switch and it runs power to the ignition switch for 30 sec. Outside of that 30 sec window the jeep won't start, everything else works as it should and it looks factory.
oh

I want to set something up like that where it runs long enough to try and steal it but not long enough to get far. I have plans for this next daily driver I already have ordered a fine amount of tech toys to ruin someone's day .

Back