• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rimrocker feeler

I'd do the July dates, school usually starts mid-August, and I haven't decided to retire yet. :)

rl5u6PT.jpg

Last edited:
Don’t limit yourselves to my time frames. I’m jut putting it out when I’m available. Lol.

I think the end of July is a good time frame. That's about when COFest normally is, so the 2-3 people that normally plan to attend that should be able to make this.

So are we settling on the end of July for the dates? Mike, do you mind doing some pre-running and planning for the trails?

If there are specific local trails y’all would like me to check out let me know. Or if you’re interested in specifically the rimrocker requirements, let me know. I can do some quick hikes and runs to see what’s what.
Generally speaking, the hard trails in montrose are on par with penrose systems. The easy ones are supposed to be less than or equal to eagle rock.
Just let me know.

Man, I'd love to go. But don't think the stock MJ will hold up let alone football will be in full swing for me so time is limited. Was looking at that trail though definitely want to run it one of these years.

I've been contemplating selling the roof top tent. I don't really like it, and I haven't used it in a couple of years. If we do this trail, I would be tempted to keep it, it is appropriate for that sort of trip. On the other hand, I have been envisioning other mods to the trailer that would be even more convenient. :)

You know where I live. Next time you're in the Springs we can discuss.

Folks interested in info, I posted pics, maps, and info in ‘trip reports’ section. Definitely some areas to avoid if ya can, and highlights what you do, or don’t, need to make the run

Just heads up. Starting rimrocker tomorrow afternoon. Then Moab a few days. Then montrose to finish the weekend. Buzz if you want to join.

Back