• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Sierra Fest 2019

blondejoncherokee

NAXJA Member
NAXJA Member
Who is going?

EDIT 4/16/19
Well, after consulting with the rest of the BOD, the decision has been made to change the location of this year's Sierra Fest from Shaver lake to the Rubicon/Hermit Valley. It's been a heavy snow year with the southern Sierra Nevada being 146% of average. Since Swap Lake is located at around 9000 feet of elevation, there is a good chance the trail won't be open on time. Therefore, we will be running the same format as last year, Rubicon Monday through Wednesday, a lay over day in South Lake Tahoe on Wednesday, then head to Hermit Valley on Thursday. The BBQ and raffle will be held at Hermit Valley Campground on Saturday evening.

Last edited:
I'm up for either one of them. I can break a rig anywhere.

Shaver gets my vote. A Thursday to Saturday trip through Swamp Lake would be cool. The idea of people heading up for the raffle or a day run is pretty much out the window if we do it in Dinkey Creek. Too far for just a weekend trip.

Shaver gets my vote. A Thursday to Saturday trip through Swamp Lake would be cool. The idea of people heading up for the raffle or a day run is pretty much out the window if we do it in Dinkey Creek. Too far for just a weekend trip.

I like that idea. When can head back to the main camp area we use on Saturday afternoon for the BBQ and raffle.

Im in. Either location is OK with me.

Even though I didn't run rubicon trail last year I would enjoy shaver lake area. Swamp lake run 2-3 days would be good. Also running red lake to coyote lake and camping at coyote lake would be awesome. Lets do both.

Even though I didn't run rubicon trail last year I would enjoy shaver lake area. Swamp lake run 2-3 days would be good. Also running red lake to coyote lake and camping at coyote lake would be awesome. Lets do both.

I would be down for doing that early in the week, say Monday through Wednesday.

id love to do something like this:

Saturday 4th (before the week begins) Brewer and strawberry - camp at strawberry
Sunday 5th - west lake or mirror lake, refuel, restock supplies
Monday- Go into Red lake / Coyote Lake
Tuesday - Relax at Coyote
Weds - Come out of red lake /Coyote and refuel, restock supplies
Thursday - Go into Swamp
Friday -Relax at Swamp lake ,Potluck,
Saturday - leave Swamp

This is not final, just one possible way

Saturday 4th (before the week begins) Brewer and strawberry - camp at strawberry
Thursday - Go into Swamp
Saturday - leave Swamp

I'm liking that!

First 1 days would be optional for those who want to show up early

Hello, I am new to the group and to the XJ in general. I have about a year with my rig and have managed to learn quite a bit about it and fix much of the stupid junk the last guy did. I think it sounds fun to meet up and do some trails. What do I need to do to get in on things?

First id try and make one of the monthly meets and meet some of us. This chapter has a great group of people which is why I'm still around with my toyota 😂

Sent from my VS996 using Tapatalk

Sort of . WE have parked trailers at base camp near dinkey creek campground in the past here, but this year we wont be staying there, but that will be where we stick base camp for trailers.

Yeah we will have to figure out where the raffle will be , but more than likely it will be at our base camp

I won't be able to make it to SierraFest this year unfortunatly.

I guess it's not a good idea to miss the birth of your first child or something like that... haha

Thursday - Go into Swamp
Saturday - leave Swamp

I'd like to join you guys on Thursday - Saturday. I've been wanting to run Swamp for a while now. I did Red/Coyote with the Bakersfield Trailblazers in 2017 and I've been eager to get back to the Shaver lake area ever since.

Back