• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

SF 2019 registration cost info

blondejoncherokee

NAXJA Member
NAXJA Member
Also posted in the event sub forum, we will be sending this out via email as well for you fill out and send back or let us know what you are doing.

Registration Costs:

Please Register no later than July 3rd to receive a commemorative T shirt, otherwise you may or may not receive a T shirt if you do not get your order in on time – please reach out to the contact information below if you have questions or need more time we can work with you

Option 1

The Entire Trip : Rubicon to Tahoe to Hermit Valley, Slick Rock and Deer Valley– Full trip
Rubicon is considered part 1 and hermit valley is considered part 2 – this includes both

Red name NAXJA Member: 65$
Non NAXJA Red Name Member : 100$
Includes:

- Event commemorative T Shirt
- Swag- stickers, event commemorative magnetic beer cozy, event info packet, etc
- Free BBQ at Hermit Valley Saturday August 10th 2019
- Taco Tuesday at Rubicon Springs August 6th 2019
- 1 night stay – Tuesday Aug 6th at Rubicon Springs (20$)
- One additional night at Rubicon Springs will be separate 20$ if you do not wish to camp at Buck island lake on Monday august 5th (Optional Monday night at Rubicon springs below)
- (1) registration raffle ticket – the registration raffle is separate from the main event raffle with 1 ticket for entry and special prizes separate from the main raffle
- You will need to book your own Hotel for Tahoe weds Aug 7th, OR, drive to Hermit weds (optional strawberry trail run weds/thurs as well)
- Free camping at hermit valley

Option 2

Hermit Valley, Slick Rock and Deer Valley – Part 2, the main event

45$ includes
Non NAXJA Red Name Member : 80$
Includes:
- Event commemorative T Shirt
- Swag- stickers, event commemorative magnetic beer cozy, event info packet, etc
- Free BBQ at Hermit Valley Saturday August 10th 2019
- Free camping at hermit valley
- Taco Tuesday at Rubicon Springs August 6th 2019
- (1) registration raffle ticket – the registration raffle is separate from the main event raffle with 1 ticket for entry and special prizes separate from the main raffle
- You will need to book your own Hotel for Tahoe weds Aug 7th, OR, drive to Hermit weds (optional strawberry trail run weds/thurs as well)

Please choose you option here (option 1 / option 2 ) _______

You’ll need to bring your own food and supplies - except for the free bbq at the raffle at Hermit Valley on Saturday August 10th, 2019 – we just need your headcount adults and children to purchase BBQ supplies

We will stay one night in South Lake Tahoe, typically at the Best Western or Days inn – you will need to make your own reservation.
T-shirts are $20/each and you can indicate your desired quantity and size below, please check the forum for this year’s t-shirt design.

Last edited:
notice that the registration and shirt cut off is July 3rd !

Registration is due by July 5th - we are moving it out 2 days . If you register after July 3rd, you wont be guaranteed an event T shirt and the cost will go up by 30$ after July 3rd for each part of the event.

registration email went out today. Please contact CJ mike on here or via email to pay for the event.

Hello everyone, as a friendly reminder - please submit your registrations no later than July 5th! That's coming up quickly!! After this date, prices will go up $20 and we won't be able to guarantee a shirt or camping spot at Rubicon Springs.

As a list of who has responded (listed in order for bragging rights of who was first, and to confirm your event options):

Twinhauler: Option 1 + additional shirt
Alboy97xj: Option 1 + additional shirt
Blondejoncherokee: Option 1 + 1 extra Rubicon Springs night
cj_mike/bisaeff: Option 2 + 2 additional shirts
JKwilliams: Option 1
Skipper: Option 1
StarboardM/StarboardD/OnTheRocks: Option 1 + 2 additional shirts + Baofeng radio
Matthewaneff: Option 2

I just tried to book a room at the Best Western in South Lake Tahoe and the website said that is no longer an option. Where is everybody going to stay on the 7th of August?

I just tried to book a room at the Best Western in South Lake Tahoe and the website said that is no longer an option. Where is everybody going to stay on the 7th of August?

I looked at Motel 6 and they're not that expensive. What does everybody think about staying there.

Eric did days inn last year and it had AC and was cheaper than the place I stayed. And my
Place did not have AC. I might try to head to hermit and run Deer Valley weds if anyone else is up for it since we need to lock down deer valley

Motel 6 2 years ago was bad bad bad.

I'm trying to remember the last full sierra fest I went on through the Rubicon where we stayed that was really bad too, like I wore my sandals in to the shower and sleeping bag on the bed.. but it was $39/night and they let us park trailers in the back over the weekend pre-Rubicon which is why we stayed there, all I remember is it had some weird side alley where we were all parked.

We’re also looking for suggestions for the hotel.
Mike, I will submit payment later today, I just renewed my NAXJA membership after a year of being a black letter. For the two of us, (me and my dad) do we have to pay for two registrations? Or is this per vehicle?
Their is a chance that my friend from Humboldt in his 4Runner might join us, so he would have to pay separate.

Eric did days inn last year and it had AC and was cheaper than the place I stayed. And my
Place did not have AC. I might try to head to hermit and run Deer Valley weds if anyone else is up for it since we need to lock down deer valley

I will be heading to dear valley on Wednesday, but I will not be arriving till after dark.

Mike, I will submit payment later today, I just renewed my NAXJA membership after a year of being a black letter. For the two of us, (me and my dad) do we have to pay for two registrations? Or is this per vehicle?
Their is a chance that my friend from Humboldt in his 4Runner might join us, so he would have to pay separate.

Id say one registration is fine if you're in the same jeep, then add a second shirt if you want. Just give us headcounts so we know how much food to buy for the BBQ

Yes, one registration is good to cover you and your Dad - let me know if your friend ends up coming and I can put him down for his own vehicle.

Let me know if you'd like a second shirt and a second night at Rubicon springs, or just the one included in 'option 1'.

I'll be sending out invoices in bulk next week. Look forward to seeing you!

Registration includes
Spot at the event
shirt
stickers
cozie
Hermit Valley raffle BBQ
special raffle ticket separate from the main raffle
Night at springs if you do Rubicon
Taco Tuesday if you do Rubicon

Registering helps us plan headcounts for food, rubicon springs, etc, the sooner the better since we have to get shirt orders, stickers, cozies in soon and plan things out.

You dont have to register to show up to Hermit and wheel but:

you get swag if you register and you aren't guaranteed a spot or you have to pay for swag
You'd have to pay 5 bucks fo the BBQ Sat
Probably wont get a shirt unless we have spares which we might not and if we do they will be much much more expensive and we might have your size
dont get the separate raffle ticket from the main raffle

Last edited:
Hello everyone,

I wanted to circle back with an updated list or registrations that I have outlined below - keep them coming in!!

After discussion with blondejoncherokee - we've decided to extend standard registration by one more week until Friday, July 12th!! Please get your final registrations in by this date as this pushes up against the shirt order deadline. If you register after this date, we can not guarantee you'll have a shirt or spot at the Rubicon Springs portion of the trip!

Please let me know if you have any questions - and confirm all is recorded properly below:

Twinhauler: Option 1 + additional shirt
Alboy97xj: Option 1 + additional shirt
Blondejoncherokee: Option 1 + 1 extra Rubicon Springs night
cj_mike/bisaeff: Option 2 + 2 additional shirts
JKwilliams: Option 1
Skipper: Option 1
StarboardM/StarboardD/OnTheRocks: Option 1 + 2 additional shirts + Baofeng radio
Matthewaneff: Option 2
#S194: Option 1 + 1 additional shirt
Dhalenz: Option 1 + 1 additional shirt
srmitchell: Option 1 + 1 additional shirt
EricsXJ: Option 1
gordosmasho: Option 1 + 1 additional shirt
Rob_D: Option 2
Chip_Clip: Option 2

Chip clip isnt running the rubicon?

Back