• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

OFFICIAL BS THREAD(all others will be deleted)

Now I know the mold story is way over blown. My neighbor bought a neighbors house for rental property before the flood, and that house did not flood, but they were doing inspections, and some remodeling, pulled some old paneling off the sheet rock and found massive mold from an old, old roof leak, been there, hidden for who knows how long.

Think about it, if mold was a real issue non of us would ever be driving our rigs after the vehicle rugs got repeatedly soaked, wet, and dirty!!!

Plants in the house with dirt/soil in the pot is repeatedly watered LOL, lots of examples if we think about it.

Got my first ever full battery allergy tests back and I am allergic to FooD!!!:shiver:
Wheat, Turkey (seriously???), all melons, that includes pickles and Cucumber, Soy, nuts, trees, grasses and doctors LOL, oh, and molds. So I'm pretty much screwed. No wonder I lived on Benadryl for 50+ years.

Saving for what? End of days? LOL

Sounds like a mess!

I've been around. Dogs got sick last week so that was fun. Still in money saving mode. Ready to get the Holidays over with.

Dang, Will sad to see this but we all know that "Life Happens" hope it went to a good owner :) I'm actually thinking about letting mine go too :( Just bought a Tacoma for off road so Jeep won't see much use. Heck have not wheeled in quite some time :( I camp and Expo just about every other weekend though ;)

Happy Thanksgiving folks. I get to HAM it up today since my Allergist told me a week ago I am allergic to turkey. WTF????:dunno:

I never knew anyone could get allergic to meat? He also told me no more Whoppers as I am allergic to soy and BK puts soy in their meat:eek:.

I thought I was allergic to milk and switched to soy milk 3 years ago, three different tests say I have no milk allergy now, WTF???? It was gaging and coughing right after sipping milk (hard dry bronchitis cough in 2014 when I was nearly dead and the antibiotics were not solving the dry hard cough.... issue, so I gave up milk for 2 days and the problem vanished, so I assumed I developed a milk allergy???? But no, it was some other weird combination of stuff).

So it seems I am allergic food now. !!!1

I can still eat potatoes, broccolli, chicken and rice it seams, no melons (no pickles, as cucumber is a damn melon), no WHEAT, no bread (wheat) no nuts, no grass (wheat...) based or tree based foods, no soy, no turkey, the list seems endless. Only good news is I am not yet allergic benadryl.

Now the new scare is that DHMO, Dihdrogen Monoxide is in everything we eat??? Holy shit!!!! Google DHMo_Org

Happy Turkey Day folks!!!

Ho Ho Ho web wheelers ;) Hope Santa was good to all of you. Let's try and get together this 2018 even if just a meet and greet.

Always welcome at my place :)

Web Wheelers indeed. LMAO

Santa brought me a Snap-On fast track diagnostic cartridge for US rigs up to year 2001, for my MT-2500 red Brick as they call it. I can now use the bi-directional controls on the scanner to operate hardware on the engine and watch the engine response (So I am told :) )

My diagnostic tool kit is now complete, LOL.

Got to diagnose a bad CPS on my daughters 89 XJ, and a NAXJA director in Co swapped it out for her about 2 weeks ago. :)

My son's 2010 Liberty, under 100,000 blew the head gasket 2 weeks ago. WTF is is with vehicles and Holidays, rigs thinking they get a holiday too???

Two days after the local engine shop did the head gasket, it when back, now they are chasing their tails looking for cloaked gremlins. The stories I am hearing tell me they have no forking idea what they are doing. One was a Houston area jeep shop the other a 50 year old Engine rebuilder here....

They have gone from blaming the CPS, to the fuel pump, to the wiring, to the Camshaft PS to the bent rod now. :dunno:

Well I fixed my roof leak, it had two 1/2 " holes hiding under the roof rack guards in the middle....on my 87 Wagoneer. Was not happy about that, but it was an easy fix. Need to sand, prime and paint the roof when the weather lets me.

Down to one last bolt on the remove a leaf spring project on my spare white 4x4 89 here at home. The other one is in Co., with my daughter. Now the other daughter wants to dump her 95 Tahoo for a jeep, making the jeep family complete, LOL.

Merry Christmas RR Naxja folks, whoever and where ever you are (LOL). May we all meet in person in some life time LOL. If my health continues to improve I may finally track some of you down next summer.:sunshine:

Happy New year RR and NAXJA folks.

Oh, and who the fork left the damn door open :eek: LOL.

Sun shinning but too frigging cold for this old body to go outside and work on my rigs

But we survived another year!!!!

HAPPY NEW YEAR everybody! We camped this weekend and brought in the New Year in style ;) Cold weather and flurries but we all had a blast. Hope to get out with some of you all this year :)

winterrush.jpg trasharoo.jpg

web wheelers: some of us actually wheel our rigs!!

xjintx, that looks COLD!!
Ecomike, sounds like you got several things to do when the sun finally comes out. Holidays are bad time for a rig to go down, but doesn't sound too bad.

Happy New Year guys!! would love to do a RRC run in 2018! maybe north and south runs since we're so spread out? :dunno: just an idea...

Stay warm and toasty RRC friends!

Speaking of that we should start thinking about dates for ROM

OK I'll put it out there... some of you are closer than others ;) The PINS semi-annual cleanup is on Feb 24th. Years past the 4x4 clubs have spent the day in the 4x4 area and we only make a small dent... I'd like to try again this year. Anybody want to spnd a night or two on the beach?

OK I'll put it out there... some of you are closer than others ;) The PINS semi-annual cleanup is on Feb 24th. Years past the 4x4 clubs have spent the day in the 4x4 area and we only make a small dent... I'd like to try again this year. Anybody want to spnd a night or two on the beach?

PINS?

Beach?

Beach in Feb? :shiver: LOL

Didn't get my rig ready for Megarun... Ill be ready for ROM

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Tow rig!

53607302_10218442456523213_4149018277147836416_o.jpg 53464681_10218442455723193_561927734024994816_o.jpg

So last fall I bought a new JL Rubicon as a daily driver.

Had to take it in for a recall this morning, apparently a weld was either missed or poorly done on the front axle control arm bracket.

Apparently if Dana determines it needs a new axle, they ship the dealership a new one and replace it.

I of course had to ask if I could keep the old axle for my XJ.

Back