• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Looking at possibly getting back into a XJ...for the 4th time

devildog0

NAXJA Forum User
Looking at possibly coming back into the fold. I used to be pretty active on all the XJ boards. In the past I've been in a 94, 00, and 97 and when I moved back to Texas I sold the 97 due to lack of wheeling areas. Well now I'm looking at getting rid of my MazdaSpeed3 and getting back into an XJ. I was seriously considering a newer Frontier or Xterra just for age reasons specifically the Pro-4X models. But I'd be looking at a hefty loan to get into a lower mileage example.

I ran across a place in Dallas that does refreshing of XJs into near OEM showroom style setups and will be keeping an eye on his place as a basically stock XJ with a higher trim package and a 242 T-case is what I'm looking for with maybe a few little mods in the future after I get it such as a selectable locker and maybe some skids and basic rock rails.

ANyway hope it works out for me as much as I'd like a newer vehicle I'm forever drawn to the XJ.

I used to could. Got out in late 2016 moved back to Texas and became a fire fighter/emt.

Thanks for the encouragement :)

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

I'd say do it!! I recently got an xj again as well. As a matter of fact I scored an xj that needed a little work and wow I sure love it and didn't realize how much I missed xjs. I got a 92 that is bone stock. I have been away for a long time (extremely active before) but I couldn't stay away. By the way I am also a firefighter/EMT...........Kyle

Everyone here wants 5 or 6 grand for a beat up example. Or one that's beenhacked up :( lots of nice WJs though......for good prices

I paid 700 bucks
7ea7865c406c813c15ddba65678ed1ac.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Nice.

95 Country acquired. Or will be Saturday left a holding payment g0ing back with the rest Saturday to pick it up. Body is straight and could use some paint. Interior is in awesome shape but drivers seat could use newfoam and a patch in one spot.

Engine sounds good it's got your typical XJ leaks.

8b2dc370cb8f1695e0f0d8f497f9419e.jpg

29ca70224aca80faf469652455c3085b.jpg

Back