• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Super quick question before I head out the door to the Junkyard. 99+ intake Question.

Plays For Jeeps

NAXJA Forum User
So do you guys think I should take the injectors and fuel rail with the manifold? Is there a benifit to having the manifold/ injectors/ and fuel rail on a SE 96 XJ?

Will I have to upgrade the in tank fuel regulator if I take the rail & injectors?

Thanks!

Re: Super quick question before I head out the door to the Junkyard. 99+ intake Question.

I do beleave that the 99+ no longer have a fuel return line.

Could be 2000+:dunno:

Flash

Re: Super quick question before I head out the door to the Junkyard. 99+ intake Question.

If its free or cheap for the new injectors then take them, you could always resell them or have a spare pair if you have any problems down the road. If they are looking for something crazy for them then forget it.

Flash said:
I do beleave that the 99+ no longer have a fuel return line.

Could be 2000+:dunno:

Flash
96+ have no return line (OBDII).

Kyung

corbinafly said:
96+ have no return line (OBDII).

Kyung

I thought that they went with the "no return fuel line" when they came out with the latest intake......the duel plane looking , or rounded manifold.

Was that in 96? I thought it was late......I guess I'm getting mixed up with the duel header outlet.......that was introduced around the 99-00 era?

Flash.

The newer intake manifold started in 99 and from what ive seen the dual outlet header started in 2000. As far as the fuel line im not sure.

BBeach said:
The newer intake manifold started in 99 and from what ive seen the dual outlet header started in 2000. As far as the fuel line im not sure.
Yes. The intake was 99 and the fuel line/pressure change was in 96.

Kyung

Thanks guys, really do appreciate correcting and educating me!;)

Flash.

Ok, I need to be educated on this, once and for all. I have a 95. It has the lets say square looking log style intake manifold. Now, I am wondering, did all models up to 99 have this square log style intake, or was there another?

Thanks,
James

Silent said:
Ok, I need to be educated on this, once and for all. I have a 95. It has the lets say square looking log style intake manifold. Now, I am wondering, did all models up to 99 have this square log style intake, or was there another?

Thanks,
James
91 to 98 had the "square log". Earier renix models had it's own "square log" and 99+ had the newer "curved log".

Kyung

So the 91-98 looked like this

----)
----|
--- |
O | Square log style. Only on 91-98, RIGHT?
--- |
----|
----)

And the 99-01 looked like this:

\
-\
--\
---\
---|
O| Half cirlce, Half moon, whatever only on 99-01, RIGHT?
---|
---/
--/
-/
/

Sorry for the keyboard art. I am wanting to make sure I infact have a 99 a not a 97. Because I was thinking the 97 had the half circle, half moon intake. Please tell me I was wrong thinking this..

Thanks,
Silent

P.S. I know I am a n00b. Please forgive me. I am still learning things about my jeep. I know I prolly ask some stupid redundant questions.

Nice keyboard art...from GoJeeps website. http://www.go.jeep-xj.info/HowtoIntakeManifold1.htm
Inlet%20020.jpg

99+ is on the right btw, and the 91-98 is on the left.

Sweet I have the right part in my garage. For some dumb reason I was thinking that I had a 97 that looked just like the 99-01, and that the 99-01 where better. I was way confused. Thanks for the better pics.

Now I just need to get my headers. As my stocker is cracked. :repair:

Take a look at the APN header, it takes a little bit of grinding and such to fit it, use the search button and you can find a lot about it, its basically a banks knockoff. I think it goes for under $250 and for another say $100 you can have someone custom bend you a nice 2.5" downpipe to replace the stock crushed one.

That is good. Ok, So I have the intake. IF I do not what to cut anything the only thing I need to get is the 97+ ps bracket and the pulley, is that right. I am not sure. GOJEEP cut his brackets. So, I cannot use his example, atleast that part of it. Any suggestions or write-ups on this?

Thanks,
Silent

Back